Casa da Pedra is a lovely villa in a very quite, peaceful area, set in the ridge of the Sintra’s mountains, with a nice view towards the Atlantic Ocean and the litoral coast between Cabo da Roca and Peniche.
(AL Local Lodging License 66444) Sintra-Lisbon Coast
The villa has 1000 m2 of a care garden with a private and heated swimming pool, barbecue área set in a quiet and peaceful area with great sea views.
Also we have a parking in the property.
Surrounded by gardens, with a private and heating swimming pool and a barbecue area. Ideal for golfers and surfers.
The house has a fully equipped kitchen as well as 3 bedrooms, (one with private bathroom), 2 bathrooms, a beautiful living and dinning room with a nice view to the Atlantic Ocean.
You can have a cot for children and 3 sofa-bed (one in each single bedroom).
This house has Internet access(wifi) and air conditioning in all the house.
Casa da Pedra is a beautifull villa in Ulgueira, near Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point on the European continent, defined by the poet Camões as “where the land ends and the sea begins”. There visitors can buy an attractive certificate showing they have been there.
- You can find in the surroundings (Azóia-Cabo da Roca, Adraga beach, Praia Grande, Praia das Maçãs), restaurants where you can taste the very appreciated portuguese gastronomy (fish and seafood), one of the best in the world.
It has an excellent location:
-Nearness several white sandy beaches like Adraga (3 Km), considered in 2003 the most beautiful beach in Europe, reached via the village of Almoçageme, deserves a mention owing to its caves on the southern side, with both mountain and beach sceneries.
-Other best known beaches are Praia Grande (where the world championship of surfing is held) and Praia das Maçãs (with plenty restaurants with excellent food, cafés, bars, discotheques as well as shops selling local crafts and a swimming-pool with sea water). A tramline, connects Praia das Maçãs and Sintra.
Other wonderful beaches are:
- Praia da Ursa, a naturist beach near Cabo da Roca. Allow a good half hour for the climb back up to your car. No facilities.
- Azenhas do Mar (small but wonderful)
- Aguda (small and quite), Magoito (plenty of facilities) and Samarra (small and quite, no facilities).
-In 15 km you can find another wonderful beach "Guincho"/Cascais where the world championship of windsurf is held.
-5 Km from Colares, a demarcated wine-growing region, famous for its excellent wine, which can be tasted at “Adega Regional de Colares”.
- 10 Km from Sintra world heritage site declared by Unesco, the most typical village from the Royal family history, could be seen by a horse-drawn carriages around the town and the Sintras mountains.
You can see in the ridge of Sintra mountains historic monuments like Moorish Castle, Monastery of Capuchos, Monserrate Palace, National Palace, Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais Palace, Peninha Chapel, etc
There are also fabulous botanical gardens and parks
- 35 Km from Lisbon airport where you can find great historical value monuments, theatres, cinemas, Parque das Nações (themepark) where had been held the Expo 98, shopping areas, zoo and typical restaurants where you can take the excellent traditional portuguese cooking, for instance in Bairro Alto, where you can also listen the famouse “Fado” which is the daily expression of the local people.
- 15 km from Cascais and Estoril (famous for the casino).
Important things to know and do
- It is advisible to hire a car.
- The house is cleaned and the towels are changed twice a week.
- The villa is suitable for elderly or infirm.
- Good golf courses about 15 km away in Sintra (Belas/Penha Longa), 20 km in Cascais/Quinta da Marinha and Estoril (18 hole).
Another excellent golf course is Praia Del Rey Golf Club(120 mins drive
- Shops and restaurants available 5 mins drive. You can find them also in Azóia (2 Km), Almoçageme (3 Km), Colares (5 Km).
-Banks you could find in Várzea de Colares (5 Km).
-Local market in the small village of Almoçageme (2 Km).
- Visit the Queluz Palace (15 km from Colares) classified as a National Monument
- Visit the Basilica of Mafra (about 30 km from Sintra)
- Visit the old Castle of Sesimbra (about 35 km from Lisbon) and admire the beautiful scenery of this fishing town.Get the full listing »