This traditional villa is situated in a beautiful elevated position, it is very private with no neighbours with fantastic scenic and panoramic views to the sea and the bay of São Martinho do Porto.
There are no immediate neighbours so the garden and pool and all areas in this property are un overlooked.
We are giving you this opportunity to stay at our villa and enjoy it as much as we have.
It is a fantastic spacious holiday home with 3 large bedrooms.
It is a truely relaxing place to be
• Main door entrance to spacious and light hall.
• A fully fitted kitchen with breakfast island and dining area. The kitchen has a large electric oven range, microwave, hob and an extractor hood, large American fridge freezer, electric kettle, coffee maker, toaster and various other items of equipment. This all leads on to the terrace and BBQ area and pool.
• The Laundry room with washing machine and cleaning materials.
• A very large beautiful living room with panoramic views looking out to the west and the Atlantic Ocean beyond.
• From the living room you also have access to the pool terrace and garden.
Bathroom with shower cubicle, toilet and hand basin.
• A large double bedroom with double bed and a spacious ensuite bathroom with lovely walk in shower, fitted wardrobes and large French window to balcony running full length of the house over looking the sea.
• There are additional two large bedrooms , each share the family bathroom and have built in wardrobes. One has a double bed and sofa bed. The other bedroom has 2 singles. There is also a cot available.
OUTSIDE THE PROPERTY.
Outside the villa there is a large terrace with a brick built barbeque. The terrace runs all around the house to the pool and is perfect for eating outside, enjoying the views, sunbathing and watching the evening sunset.
At the entrance to the property we have sliding gates which lead to a large parking area in front of the garage.
The swimming pool (9m x 4m has steps and a deep and shallow end)
ABOUT THE AREA AND AMENITIES
The village is reached witha 10 minute walk, where there is a minimarket, florist, Village association bar & games room, bakery and café.
• Adjacent village of Casal do Amaro: A confectionery business “Atelier do Doçe” selling delicious cakes and pastries with a coffee shop.
• Lisbon airport: 104 km/64 miles : Approx. an hours drive South on the A8 motorway is very easy driving.
• Sea: 6 km/3.7 miles away. The closest beach for swimming is the bay of São Martinho do Porto which is very safe for families and children as it is a protected bay.
• Golf courses: ±30 km/18,6 miles : Three renowned course in the region are; Royal Obidos, Bom Sucesso and Praia Del Rey.
• São Martinho do Porto: 6 km/3.7 miles : For a varied selection of restaurants, bars and cafés as well as a protected sheltered and shallow bay for swimming and sunbathing.
• Nazaré: 16 km/10 miles : Now a famous site for big wave surfing, after Garrett McNamara put Nazaré on the map for a world record 30m (100 ft) high wave.
• Alcobaça: 12 km/7,5 miles : An attractive town boasting the beautiful Gothic monastery founded in 1153 by the first king of Portugal, Alfonso Henriques. Now classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
• Caldas da Rainha: 15 km/9,3 miles : A market town with commercial & industrial centres and a large choice of shops. Named after the Queen’s hot springs (Rainha/Queen Dona Leonor founded a church and hospital on the site of sulphurous hot springs that locals used to treat skin and health ailments).
• Supermarkets: The majors such as LeClerc, Intermarche, Pingo Doce and Continente are located in Caldas da Rainha, Alcobaça, Nazaré and Leiria.
• Shopping centres/malls: “La Vie” in Caldas and “Leiria Shopping” are the two largest in the area.
• Cinemas: Multi-cinemas located at the Shopping centres above.
• Parks and Water-parks: Most large towns (Caldas & Alcobaça) have recreational activities within their parks. Pataias, just to the north of Nazaré has a water theme park, ideally suited for children.
• Subterranean Caves: The nearby Candieiros hills which run north-south, is a Limestone terrain in which several extensive systems of caverns (grutas in Portuguese) exist: Alvados, Santo Antonio and Aire are three of the principal cavern networks. Check websites for opening times & dates.
• Vineyards & Wine routes: Local vineyards and wineries located in Capuchos (near Alcobaça) and in the Obidos & Bombarral regions.
• Sporting events:
o Go karting: two popular circuits in the region, one at Bombarral and the other in Leiria.
o Canoeing/Kayaking/Sailing: Clubs exist at São Martinho do Porto and on the lagoon at Foz do Arelho, where canoes, kayaks and sailing dinghies can be rented by the hour.Get the full listing »