Casa da Burra is an old house in a 4ha property from the late 18th century. It was originally used as a stable for horses and donkeys. Lastly, it was used as the house of the pineapple plantation's supervisors.
The house has been in out of the market for a year because of self use.
In this farm, the pineapple is grown in greenhouses since the 1930s in what is today referred to as organic farming. On the island, the fruit is grown since the mid 19th century.
The farm is also used for agriculture, so cows graze from time to time in the meadows. Bananas and various tropical fruits are also grown here.
An approximately 1500m2 lawn area and various viewpoints to the sea are available.
The views sweep over from the Ribeira Grande bay over the old Lagoa do Fogo volcano rim across the mountain chain of smaller extinct volcanoes to the Sete Cidades crater and towards Capelas bay.
In front of the house under a grapevine under which you can use for meals or just relax.
The house has 1 bedroom with a double bed (master) and its own toilet and another bedroom with 2 single beds. In another bathroom there is comfortable shower available, the hot water is produced by a solar panel.
In the spacious living room and open kitchen there is a cozy couch as well as a dining area. There are 2 induction plates with appropriate cooking utensils and a small dishwasher.
Those who come to the island in the colder months have a cast-iron Franklin fireplace. Enough wood is available.
Next to the Casa da Burra, there is the main house, where, either me or my parents stay occasionally.
The farm is accessible through a main gate. The car can be parked directly at the house.
The property is about a 15 minutes drive from the airport on the north side of the island.
You can reach Santa Barbara beach by car in about 10 min. Most of the islands' attractions can be reached from the farm within 20 min.
Shopping can be done in nearby Pico da Pedra, Capelas, Ribeira Grande or Ponta Delgada, where you can get everything you need. If you are interested I can recommend Restaurants and other interesting activities.
The house is particularly suitable for nature lovers who are looking for a central and calm location from where they can explore the island.
IN CASE YOU WANT TO BOOK PLEASE NOTE!
- ALWAYS send a valid MOBILE PHONE NUMBER, preferably with WhatsApp to facilitate communication.
- Please download the app provided, all information concerning the cottage is available here.
- When booking flights please note that check-in after 8pm can incur to an extra cost of 10€ as the housekeeper does not live in the immediate vicinity. If not otherwise possible let me know.
- Please send me the arrival time of the flight as soon as possible (car hire may take up to 1 hour in peak times),
- In case of flight delays send me a message.
- Before leaving the airport please send an SMS or message.
- Please have look at the road map to the house prior to your journey and take them with you.
- If you have any questions just let me know!
- Please bring beach towels with you.
These are small tips to make your holiday start stress-free, a good communication is therefore important
THANK YOU :)Get the full listing »