COTTAGE FULLY EQUIPPED in Peneda Geres National Park in Sistelo (winner of the 7 wonders of Portugal Rural Villages contest), tv with 105 channels dvd player with some dvd´s, INTERNET air conditioning SALAMANDER, STUNNING VIEWS.
Vez River Ecotrail photos: http://countryvillage.wixsite.com/northportugal/trails
A very interesting and very beautiful place, you can visit, is Poço das Caldeiras –a nature pool, which is 8 km away from Sistelo.
Video Poço das Caldeiras this site: https://goo.gl/nlyadV (GPS coordinates: 41°56'28.6"N 8°25'38.4"W) - please see photos nº116 to 122
activities companies contacts (walking, hiking trails, jeep tours, 4x4, cycling, biking, paintball, cultural tours, canoeing, among others)
Come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
Video about our rural tourism cottages: http://goo.gl/qpC76O
MORE PICTURES about our rural cottages: http://countryvillage.wix.com/northportugal#!Overview/mainPage
These comfortable cottage recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, is located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
GRANDPA´S HOUSE has:
- 2 bedrooms (1 bedroom with 1 double bed and the other with two single beds) and 2 bathrooms, one of them private. With 1 sofa bed in the living room.
- The KITCHEN is modern and fully equipped with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge.
- This house has cable TV with 105 channels, hi-fi system, DVD player with some dvd´s, Home theater system with full surround sound, internet, air conditioning.
- Bed linen and towels included.
The village of Sistelo has several HISTORICAL ATTRACTIONS to visit, of which we highlight:
- FOOTPATHS that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- CASTLE SISTELO (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'SOCALCOS', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
1 de Mar de 2014
Casa recuperada com muito gosto, muito cuidada, e com tudo o que se pode desejar e mais para uns dias bem passados! A paisaigem e a simpatia de toda a gente da aldeia são uma mais valia, Tornou-se dificil pensar que a avó não é nossa, tál foi a hospitalidade com que nos recebeu. Recomendo vivamente e por nós até uma próxima!
Date of stay: August 2018
Muy recomendable 5/5
Muy buena casa, pueblo tranquilo y el anfitrión un 10, nos ayudó en todo y nos recomendó muy buenos sitios para visitar.Get the full listing »