Welcome to our wonderful duplex apartment ideally located in the historical neighbourhood of Ajuda in Belém, just a short distance from many bus stops and a leisurely 15-minute walk from the waterfront, as well as Belém station, which will connect you to downtown Lisbon. The apartment will be professionally cleaned before your stay, and there will be a welcome pack provided with surprise items inside - we hope you enjoy it!!
After you walk through the front door, go up to the first floor and turn left - the apartment is the one immediately to your left, indicated with n9.
The apartment is a one-bedroom with two extra sleeping spaces as a sofa bed, built on two floors. As you enter the flat the kitchen will be immediately ahead of you. It has an electric hob and a microwave/oven integrated with a grill option for your lazy evenings.
In the living area, you'll find a sofa bed that turns into a double bed - simply pull the bottom part and removes some seat cushions for your comfort. There is a smart TV opposite the sofa bed with cable programs which will keep you entertained and relaxed for hours!
All the modern appliances are available in the kitchen for cooking a delicious meal.
You can find a washing/drying machine in the kitchen and we will provide detergent for you to be able to wash your clothes and not have to worry about bringing your entire wardrobe with you!
When you go upstairs the bathroom is immediately ahead of you.
On the left-hand side, you'll find the bedroom with a double bed. We will provide you with clean, hotel-quality linen for a next-level rest after a long day of exploring.
My property will be professionally cleaned before your stay.
Guests will have access to the entire property so you can enjoy the utmost comfort. Please respect the neighbours- no noise after 10 pm.
You may occasionally hear noise from neighbouring apartments, as most buildings in Lisbon aren’t soundproofed!
My friends at Hostmaker are looking after my home while I am away; they are a short-lets management service team who know Lisbon like the back of their hand! They will prepare everything so the apartment is spotless for your arrival. They will give you a warm welcome and a detailed introduction to the apartment, explain everything you need to know about the neighbourhood and attend to all your needs during your stay. They are a team of professionals with experience in managing apartments in cities around the world including London, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and Bangkok. They perfectly know how to deliver the best service to ensure a wonderful stay. I trust them to look after you and give you a warm welcome! If you have any questions about your stay, please get in touch through the channel platform.
Located just to the north of the Belém district and the banks of the Tejo River, Ajuda is a picturesque neighborhood home to the stunning National Palace of Ajuda, which was the royal residence of the Portuguese monarchy in the 19th century. The area is also home to the oldest Botanical Gardens in Europe and the first in Portugal, safeguarding a 400-year-old tree at its center. The hilltop location of Ajuda means that there are plenty of beautiful views across the city and over the Tejo River to be enjoyed from across the neighborhood.
If you’re looking for a place to eat, then Ajuda has plenty of great restaurants to suit your taste and budget. For delicious seafood, try O Mercado do Peixe with its unpretentious atmosphere and family-friendly vibe. Meanwhile, Páteo Alfacinha serves seafood along with other Portuguese dishes in a rustic and relaxed environment. Estufa Real is the ideal place for brunch in the greenhouse in the beautiful Botanical Gardens.
Bus (Carris) 714/723/732/748/751
Train(CP) - Belém station
Tram 15 E / 18 E
There is free parking on the street, although parking is sometimes tricky.
- The flat capacity is for 4 people, no additional guests allowed. There is a double sofa bed in the living room.
- Check-in and keys: please note there will be a €25 fee for check-ins before 8 am and after 10 pm, and guests will be charged €40 for lost keys or lockouts.
- Hot water: the water heater has limited capacity. Once the hot water runs out, it will take some time for the water to warm up.
- Electricity: It is fairly common in Lisbon for the electricity to trip if more than 2 high wattage electrical appliances are being used at the same time. Guests are advised to keep this in mind when using appliances like heaters, washing machine, hairdryers, toasters, fans, etc, and there will be a €40 charge in case of electricity trips due to overuse. Most homes in Portugal don’t have central heating or air conditioning, heaters and fans will be provided.
- City tax and ID: Government mandated city tax of €2 per person per day (except children under 12 years), will be charged to you at check-in and your Govt ID will be collected at check-in for submission to the authorities as required by local laws. Please note city tax is only applicable for a maximum of 7 days continuously, we do not accept cash.
- Finally, please be eco-friendly and turn off all the lights and electrical appliances (such as heaters and fans) when you leave the apartment!
- Please note there is no elevator in the building. You will have to walk up to approximately 20 steps to get to the flat.Get the full listing »