Registration #2018-4090. Walk everywhere from the SWEET! This huge, beautifully furnished space w/4 full bedrooms, plus a daybed room. Relax in the comfy leather furniture & stream movies on the 50" smart TV, gather round the big farm house table, sip coffee in our sunny yellow orb chairs...take a bath in the original claw foot tub...it's both incredibly spacious and cozy. Luxurious beds w/lots of pillows, quilts & duvets. **Groups must agree to House Rules before booking will be confirmed.
The style is very Maine...a mix of original, and new, with a sense of humor and a sense of history and place. Antiques mingle with brand new furniture, the bathroom still has original clawfoot tub but beautiful updated fixtures. We love design that's playful and has purpose, and we love to mix things up. You'll see pipes for hooks, a tool chest on wheels for a kitchen cabinet, open shelves and baskets for your clothes...wire baskets for your shower essentials...and we love mixing patterns in a very visually interesting way.
Guests have access to all of the space, the entire second floor of the building. Four bedrooms plus a daybed room, brand new kitchen with gas stove, big farm house table for dinners in, lots and lots of windows looking onto leafy trees...oh and of course a new 50" smart TV for those rainy stay-in nights.
I'm just around the corner at my other building at 70 Waterville Street. I own and operate two pet supply boutiques..one here in Portland, and one on Newbury Street in Boston...so sometimes I'm in Boston but I'm always just a message away. I grew up in the restaurant world and used to own my own restaurant here in Portland, so to me, hosting is really fun and comes naturally. One of the things I love most about it is sharing what I love about Portland so feel free to ask for more suggestions (there are lots in the listing, but it only gets updated from time to time)
There are two window AC units, one in the bedroom with the brass bed, and the other in the living room. Fans are also provided.
Part of the charm of this space is its location on a quiet tree lined street on the East End. Many families have lived in this neighborhood for years before it became the most popular area of Portland, and they greatly appreciate that you as a guest respect their peace and quiet. We love sharing this place with you, and to continue being able to do so, we ask you and all of your guests to agree to a few simple rules.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm to 7am. Music, TV, and voices should be kept at normal ‘conversational’ levels. If you are shouting to hear each other, it’s likely guests above or below will hear you too! When returning from nights out, please be respectful that others in the neighborhood are sleeping. If you have young children who rise early, please remember that other guests are probably hoping to sleep in
- We do not allow parties or events. We understand that vacationing often means celebrating! We want you to have fun, but we ask that the celebrating happen out at the restaurants, breweries and bars
- No smoking is allowed in the building, including on any decks, or front or back entryways
- Please remove shoes once inside the space. It helps to keep the noise down, and the rugs clean.
- Bikes: We welcome pedalers! But please do not bring bikes inside the building. You may lock them to the ‘black wave’ bike rack that's in the courtyard.
- Pets: With prior approval (please request at time of booking) we welcome pets in our spaces, but you must make your request & receive approval in advance. All guests with pets will be asked to review and agree to our Rules below for Furry Family below
- As booking guest, please know that you are our only contact for your group, and that means that you are responsible for everyone else in your party. So, be sure everyone reads and agrees to these rules
- Before checking out, please walk through all rooms to check for forgotten items. Message me if you see notice any damage or any extra cleaning needed
RULES FOR FURRY FAMILY MEMBERS
- We only accept non-aggressive dogs
- Quiet, well-behaved, house-trained dogs are welcome. Because our spaces are apartments in old buildings where noise travels, and the neighborhood is quiet and residential, it’s not a place where we can welcome dogs who bark, whine, or pace a lot, or who howl or exhibit any destructive behaviors
- Crates for adult dogs are strongly encouraged. We are dog lovers first, and know from experience that a dog’s crate is like his or her own room. It’s a place of security as well as a safe containment to prevent anything unwanted from happening
- Puppies and dogs one year old or less must be crate-trained, and you will be required to bring a crate
- Please use a leash while entering and exiting the building and apartment. Portland has a leash law anyway, so you will need to have your dog on leash no longer than 8’ in all public areas except in designated off-leash spaces
- Please pick up! A small metal trash bin is provided in the driveway area for poo bags
- The courtyard and garden are off limits for potty breaks. Please take a nice stroll through our beautiful neighborhood instead. See our Dog-friendly Portland list of recommendations for traveling with your dog for more ideas!
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or the beds/bedding. Please plan to bring your dog bed or travel mat with you
- Any damage caused or extra cleaning necessitated by your furry one will mean an additional cleaning or damage fee
We adore animals and welcome responsible animal-loving guests and their pets, as long as we can all abide by the rules above.
Travelers who cancel at least 30 days before check-in will be refunded back 100% of their reservation (nightly rates, cleaning fees and security deposit). Guests cancelling at least 14 days before check-in will be refunded 50%. After 14 days before check-in, there’s no refund for cancellation.Get the full listing »