We call our beautiful 3rd floor apartment ‘The Crow’s Nest’ not only because of the circular staircase that leads up to your private roof deck, but the whole apartment feels like a nest in the tree tops. From the kitchen/dining area and sun seat, you will see dramatic views of the ocean, islands, harbor and city. We are almost at the very top of Munjoy Hill, Portland’s hip East End community.
The apartment is beautiful and thoughtfully and artfully appointed with a nod toward jazz lovers….there’s a record player and some classic jazz vinyl. Or connect your device with the Bluetooth speakers and play whatever you’d like. The bedroom is a gracious size with plenty of room for lounging on the velvet couch. The bed is dressed with crisp white sheets, lots of fluffy pillows, quilt & duvet. If you have work to do, you’ll enjoy the spacious antique desk in the living room. Extra guests will find the modern convertible sofa in the living room spacious and comfortable.
Plenty of fluffy cotton towels and all the basic toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, tampons, first aid kit) stock the bathroom. In the kitchen, you’ll find fresh local coffee, tea, cream, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper grinder, and many basic spices. All guests are required to read and agree to our House Rules. All guests bringing a pet must request approval for their pet in advance, and must agree to abide by our Rules for Furry Family.
For our cancellation policy, please scroll down past the rules.
- Check in is anytime after 3pm
- Check out is at 10am
- Minimum age to rent the property is 30. Absolutely no parties allowed. That includes inside your space, as well as in any of our outdoor areas or decks
- Voices and volumes are expected to be in the range of normal, conversational levels, and please do keep the noise down as well when entering or exiting the building, particularly returning from a night out. In addition, quiet hours are maintained from 10pm to 7am
- Please remove shoes once inside the space
- Children are only allowed on decks accompanied by a responsible adult
- No smoking is allowed in the building, including on any decks, or front or back entryways
- Bikes: We welcome pedalers! But please **do not** bring bikes inside the building. You may lock them to the ‘black wave’ bike rack in the courtyard, or lock them to your bike rack on your car
- Pets: We welcome pets in some of our spaces, if you have requested it in advance and can adhere to the additional Rules below for Furry Family
- Please be aware that we have a very **UNFRIENDLY NEIGHBOR** in the white house at 72 Waterville Street.
Accidentally mistaking her driveway for ours, for instance, is considered an unforgivable offense. The correct driveway to use is GRAVEL and there’s a sign pointing to it that says 'Parking for 70 Waterville St'. You are most welcome to shared use of the driveway...let me know if you want space and I'll connect you with other guests to coordinate
- As booking guest, you are responsible for the rest of your group! So, before checking out, please walk through all rooms to check for forgotten items. Message me if you see notice any damage or any extra cleaning needed.
Rules for Furry Family Members
- We can only accept non-aggressive dogs
- Quiet, well-behaved, house-trained dogs are welcome. Because our spaces are apartments in old buildings where noise travels, and the neighborhood is quiet and residential, it’s not a place where we can welcome dogs who bark, whine, or pace a lot, or who howl or exhibit any destructive behaviors - Puppies are welcome, but you will need to bring a crate with you to protect against accidents
- Please use a leash while entering and exiting the building and apartment. Portland has a leash law FYI, so you will need to have your dog on leash in all public areas anyway,unless designated off-leash - Please pick up! A small metal trash bin is provided in the driveway area for poo bags
- Any damage caused or extra cleaning necessitated by your furry one will mean an additional cleaning or damage fee I adore animals and welcome responsible animal-loving guests and their pets, as long as we can all abide by the rules above.Get the full listing »