Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
And, for a limited time, on stays between now and November 20, we are offering a FALL SPECIAL. Just ask for details when you inquire.
This classic island house has been an architecturally unique home on Little Gasparilla Island for over 40 years. The new owners have lovingly redecorated and renovated the interior while keeping the quaint charm of the original "round" design. Everything has been updated, with city water, a new outdoor shower, all new furnishings, new flooring, new queen size beds, new French doors, new stainless refrigerator and new window treatments. UPDATE: New high impact windows have recently been added as have new stairs and new interior trim has been added to the interior! Plus a brand new AC system has also recently been added. The fresh, clean interior, coupled with the with the fabulous views of the Gulf of Mexico and location directly ON the beach, make this a premiere spot for your next beach vacation!
When you eat dinner at the dining table, you view the Gulf....the living room opens to the Gulf through brand new French doors. You are literally sitting as close to the beach as you can without being in the water! The views from the deck are like being on the deck of a boat....and the south portion of the porch is a warm respite from chilly winds in the winter months. Open the BRAND NEW WINDOWS and feel the Gulf breezes and let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep. This fabulous beach cottage literally lets you live at the water's edge and have your breakfast while watching the dolphins cavort in the waves!
Your vacation at "The Round House" will combine the best of both worlds....the convenience and comfort of new furnishings, the quaint charm and funky chic of one of the island's most enduring landmarks, and the proximity to the Gulf of Mexico -- literally right outside your front door -- that makes a beach vacation so special!
NEW: Now there are queen beds in BOTH bedrooms, a new firepit in the back yard! (perfect for S'mores!) and brand new windows throughout the entire cottage. There are TWO comfortable outdoor seating areas...one on the front porch and one on the back porch.
• Satellite TV in living room and both bedrooms
• Breakfast bar overlooking the Gulf
• Includes a charcoal grill
• AC in the living/kitchen area and both bedrooms (NOT central air; brand new mini-split system)
• Stackable washer-dryer included
• Access to a dock slip at dock 21 (Peacock Lane)
• Pet friendly with a $100 pet fee (per pet)
• Outdoor dining on the oceanfront porch
• All linens, including beach towels, included
• Our concierge service will meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you but you must make a reservation in advance and call him as you are leaving the marina so he can time his arrival at the dock.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a charcoal grill so please bring charcoal and lighter fluid with you.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. (But they are fun to go exploring!)
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control and non-aggressive. We do charge a $100 pet fee per pet and request that you keep pets off the beds and furniture. Pets must be housebroken and current on vaccinations.
• This home's location right on the water, coupled with our tropical environment, means that you might be more vulnerable to
biting insects, particularly noseeums. Considering bringing insect repellant with you.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we can provide a Verizon jetpack for a fee BUT YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. We urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.
ADMINISTRATIVE FEE: The $100 fee is applied to any reservation booked through VRBO due to the new VRBO credit card processing fees. Unfortunately, VRBO raised their processing rates for all reservations made through their booking platform. Please note that the fee will be increased to $200 for all reservations of 28 days or more.Get the full listing »