Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
Cuttlefish Cottage is a brand new home, recently completed. It has been thoughtfully designed and planned to offer the ultimate beach house experience, with maximum convenience. A large, screened porch extends the full width of the home on the south side, and a delightful sun bathing balcony with two chaise lounges overlooks the Gulf on the west side. Downstairs, an outdoor shower allows you to rinse off and leave the sand outdoors.
Inside, this home is crisp, clean and impeccably designed with every comfort in mind. There is a large eat-in kitchen plus a table on the porch for outdoor dining, The kitchen flows into the living area with comfortable seating and lovely views of island foliage.
The master bedroom features a queen size bed, en suite bath and gulf views. The second bedroom offers a king size bed and has doors that open to the screened porch. The third bedroom offers two twins that can be combined to form another king. The second and third bedroom share the guest bath.
The owners provide beach bikes so that you can explore up and down the island, paddle boards, kayaks, and an outdoor ping pong table! Your rental also comes with beach chairs, umbrella, a grill and all linens including beach towels.
• You must notify us if you wish to bring or rent a boat. New regulations enacted by the state of Florida limit boats to 24 ft. at our dock.
• Please note there is no smoking in the beach house.
• Home is located on Seagrape Lane; beach access is via a sandy pathway and the beach is a one-minute walk from the cottage.
• Includes a slip on dock number 51 (max boat length of 24 ft).
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a charcoal and electric grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient it seems to work a bit faster. We can also provide a complimentary Verizon jetpack if you do not want to use your cellular data but you must request it in advance. We have a limited supply. We urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25Get the full listing »