Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
This home takes its name from the Greek word "panacea", which is a "remedy for all ills and difficulties"...an elixir! This home truly fulfills that name. Once you step foot into this comfortable home, your stress and worldly cares will melt away. The view of the beach, the sound of the waves, the smell of the balmy breezes, the sound of the shorebirds and the feel of your toes in the sand will whisk away your anxiety and leave you relaxed and rejuvenated with the warmth and relaxation that only a beach can provide. Staying at the beach is truly a sensory experience, and this home allows you to experience the BEST of what Little Gasparilla Island has to offer!
This home is brand new to the rental market after a year of extensive renovation inside and out! Everything is new, from the kitchen and furniture to the bedding and linens. It has been designed to best capture the essence of a fabulous beach vacation....outdoor sundecks upstairs and downstairs with lots of chaise lounges for sunning, table and chairs for outdoor dining and beach chairs for relaxing on the beach.
There is one bedroom with queen bed downstairs and access to a bath for those with mobility issues. The laundry room is also on the main floor. Upstairs there are two additional bedrooms and another bathroom with tub and shower. Both of the upstairs bedrooms have sliding doors that open to the private upstairs sundeck. The home is fully equipped with towels and beach towels so you can pack light.
The downstairs living area is open and airy with full views of the Gulf of Mexico! There is a new flatscreen TV in the living area, but quite frankly, we don't think you will want to watch TV when you can be watching dolphins cavort right out in front of the house, and fat manatees drifting along the sand bar. Take a glass of wine to the beach and join the islanders as they watch the sun set and search for the elusive "green flash". This home is perfect for a family vacation or a romantic getaway for just two.
The home has been thoughtfully equipped with the extras that enhance your Little Gasparilla lifestyle...games and toys, two single ocean kayaks and a stand up paddleboard, a gas grill, televisions in each bedroom AND the family room, satellite TV with DVR, a DVD player and a library of DVDs for the rare rainy day or evening entertainment! There are also beach toys, a beach umbrella and beach chairs provided.
There is a private boardwalk to the beach so you do not have to trudge through hot sand to access the beach.
WiFi - included. Speeds adequate for web-browsing, emails, social media, but not games or streaming.
Pet Policy - $100 pet fee (per pet), no large pets
Minimum Renter Age - 25
Boat Slip - included on dock number 48 (this is also where the water taxi will drop you off)
Complimentary Concierge- will meet you at the dock with a golf cart to assist with transporting your luggage and groceries to the home
Satellite TV - yes
Grill Type - gas
Parking - $6/night ($8/night if you have a boat trailer) at Eldred's Marina where you meet the boat taxi
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock.
• Small pets (less than 25 LB) will be considered. We must be notified if you are bringing a pet and a $100 pet fee (per pet) will be applied to your rental if approved by the owner.
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.
Wi-fi via satellite is provided, but please understand that wi-fi is not for entertainment...you should download movies and books to your i-pad or tablet before arriving. (There is no wired internet on the island.)Get the full listing »