This is one of our two beautiful condos in the heart of the Biltmore Area. The House of of Khumbu 1 is a bright, beautiful, top floor view condo. The “Khumbu” valley is a sacred area in northeastern Nepal in the shadow of Mt. Everest. Our journey to Everest Base Camp inspired the creation of this space, and many of the photos that we took along the way are hung throughout. We welcome all visitors who are seeking an oasis surrounded by bustling shops, restaurants, nightlife and much more.
**Please Note** that we have two beautiful condos in the same condo complex. If the House of Khumbu 1 is occupied during your requested dates, please check availability at the House of Khumbu 2 by cutting and pasting this link into your browser window:
The House of Khumbu 1 is a two bed two bath condo sleeps 6. It is located on the top floor which offers views to the southwest (please note that there is elevator access). The condo is centrally located and no more than 15 to 20 minutes from key amenities, many of which are within walking distance: Biltmore Plaza Shopping Center, Sky Harbor Airport, Old Town Scottsdale, Biltmore Fashion Park, Camelback Esplanade, Arizona Biltmore Golf Club, Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale Stadium, Downtown Phoenix and numerous shops, resorts, spas and fine dining.
The space offers:
- A fully stocked kitchen with utensils, pots and pans, dishes, mugs, glasses, baking dishes, storage containers, coffee maker, toaster, blender, tea kettle and microwave
- Coffee, tea, creamer, sugar, salt, pepper and cooking oil are complementary
- Elevator access
- Large walk-in closets in both bedrooms
- Complementary make up remover wipes and body wash
- Memory foam mattresses in both bedrooms
- Plush pillows
- Blackout blinds in both bedrooms
- Hypoallergenic sheets and comforters
- Flat screen 4k TVs in the Master Bedroom (47") and Living Room (55"), each equipped with Roku Streaming, free Netflix, Prime Video, HBOgo and other apps
- Fast Wifi (100 Mbps)
- Laptop workstation
- Pool towels
- Extra linens (blankets, towels and sheets)
- Gas fireplace
- Indoor full size washer and dryer (laundry detergent is complementary)
- Access to pool, hot tub, gym, sauna, BBQ grills
- Exclusive access to adjacent Biltmore Plaza Shopping Center (walk to Safeway, Hava Java Coffee House, Delux, Matt's Big Breakfast, Wells Fargo, BofA, Gelato Spot and much more)
- Reserved underground parking and plenty of above ground guest parking
- Gated community
- Manicured grounds with walkways to community amenities
- Iron and ironing board
- Covered patio with table and chairs
- Nest thermostat
- Digital keypad entry
- Pack 'n Play with Mattress
- High Chair with tray attachment
- Tamper proof electrical outlets
- Cleaning supplies are available
**This is a no smoking/vaping condo**
If you have never stayed in this Phoenix neighborhood, you are in for a treat. Located between 24th and 32nd Street, just north of Camelback Road, the Biltmore is known as the city’s most acclaimed neighborhood and most coveted residential area where pristine homes shoulder up against a bustling upscale shopping and financial district, the storied and prestigious Biltmore Hotel & Spa, and two perfectly manicured, 18 hole championship golf courses. It is the kind of place anyone from around the world would consider a vacation destination.
The New York Times referred to the Biltmore neighborhood as “elegant desert dwelling with a Midwest touch.” It’s most certainly located in the desert, but the Biltmore has this palpable air of Midwestern charm to it. For starters, the upscale neighborhood is plush with green grass and generously speckled with mature shade trees. It’s also ornamented beautifully with bubbling fountains, fragrant citrus and rose gardens, gently swaying palms, and features some of the most breathtaking homes in the valley.
The Biltmore neighborhood also boasts a splendid history. Smack dab in the middle of the residential area is the handsome, castle-like Arizona Biltmore, opened in 1929 and built by Albert Chase McArthur, a student of Frank Lloyd Wright. Fun fact: “every president from Herbert Hoover through George W. Bush has been a guest” at this world-famous spa and resort, and the Reagans even celebrated their honeymoon here.
Though the lush Biltmore neighborhood feels secluded and tucked away from the hubbub, it’s close to pretty much everything that’s important. As such, it is arguably one of the best starting points in the city.
To begin, the Biltmore Fashion Park and Shopping Plaza – an open-air, sprawling shopping destination – is essentially located in the neighborhood’s backyard. Also very close by are the Camelback East Village Shops, the Camelback Esplanade, and the ever-growing Town & Country shopping area. All the above contain additional shopping, not to mention numerous grocery store options ranging from Whole Foods to Trader Joe's to a recently remodeled Fry's Supermarket.
Of course, all this is within a five to 10-minute drive of the neighborhood (and in many cases, are walkable or bike-able destinations). The Biltmore Neighborhood is also heralded for its 15 to 20 minute proximity to everything else in the city that matters. The airport? An easy 15 minute drive. Phoenix’s thriving downtown scene? Twenty minutes away. Old Town Scottsdale, Mill Avenue, Camelback Mountain? All no more than 20 minutes away.
Whether you’re craving a date with some award-winning food, a morning stroll through art galleries, a day full of shopping, a boisterous night spent hopping around Old Town – or simply want to kick your feet up in your backyard haven – the Biltmore totally has you covered. Get the full listing »