Charming cottage 10 steps from Hollywood Beach w/ spectacular ocean views from great room & front deck. Perfect for romantic couples getaways to fun family vacations. 1 block to Channel Islands Marina with great restaurants, bars, activities, bike & boat rentals, tours, shops & more!
Known as “The Lighthouse” for 20 years, new owners are revitalizing it with upgraded furnishings and amenities.
Open floor plan great room w/ big picture windows with incredible views. New wood-look porcelain floors throughout, living/dining room open to kitchen, w/ high-beamed ceilings, large fireplace, and real wood paneling. Dining area seats 6-8. Comfy sectional! Open the windows and enjoy the sea breeze and sound of the waves!
Recently renovated kitchen open to great room w/ large island, new high-end stainless steel appliances, including French door fridge, gas range, double oven, dishwasher & microwave. Fully stocked w/ dishes/cookware including porcelain indoor & plastic outdoor service & picnic supplies for beach!
Large front deck with amazing unobstructed ocean views w/ umbrella, 6 Adirondack chairs, fire pit, ottomans & side tables. The perfect spot for coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. Private, fenced back deck with gas BBQ & side burner, dining table w/ seating for 6, and comfy hammock to let the ocean waves lull you to sleep. 4 person spa with waterfall with kid-safe latching cover.
• High-speed Wi-Fi, TV w/ cable, Blu-ray player & phone (unlimited local & long distance – no international calling)
• 2 bedrooms w/ large closets, Master with king-size bed and guest w/ queen bed, queen pullout in living room sectional/sofa. Pop-up crib. Extra linens, pillows & blankets provided.
• Spacious, recently remodeled spa-like bath w/ extra towels & linens. Hair dryer, lighted mirror and basic toiletries provided
• Beach towels, beach chairs, mats, umbrella & sand toys also provided
• Stackable washer dryer, iron & ironing board
• Hotel-style programmable security safe that holds 17" laptop
• Single story with tile floors, wide doorways and just 1 step up to decks & front door for easy access
• Parking for 3 cars – 1 car garage for your use, 2 car driveway
Things to do, places to go: Never heard of Oxnard? Let’s keep it our secret. Oxnard is a wonderful, quiet beach community, perfect for romantic couples getaways and fun family vacations, halfway between Malibu and Santa Barbara. It’s kid and pet friendly famous for it’s strawberries, annual strawberry festival and fresh, locally grown, often organic fresh fruit, produce and flowers. And the weather is a near-perfect 70 degrees average all year round!
Everything for your perfect beach vacation is in easy walking distance. You’re 10 steps from the best beach in Oxnard—Hollywood Beach with 5 miles of uncrowded, open beach for strolling, sunning, swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, with lifeguard towers, restrooms, and dogs allowed. Near breakwater, so enjoy the boats and keep an eye out for pelicans, sea lions, dolphins & whales!
Love watersports and great fresh, local food? You’re 1 block from the Channel Islands Marina, with lots of fun activities, boat & bike rentals, excursion tours, fishing, boat launch, shops and some terrific restaurants/bars and great farmers market every Sunday morning! During the summer, classic car shows & free outdoor concerts happen just about every weekend!
"My family and I had a wonderful stay. The house was very clean and delightful! All accommodations were met. Definitely would stay there again! HGet the full listing »