This amazing, spacious (2400 sq ft) beautifully decorated and well stocked 2nd/3rd floor unit is perfect for large groups who want to be close to the beach and the action of the famous Ocean City boardwalk. This home is literally only 100 steps to boardwalk and beach – almost on the beach but at less than “on the beach” prices. See the photos! The property address is 1404 Ocean Avenue.
The rooms are spacious, inviting and comfortable for families or groups up to 16 people. Enjoy afternoons and evenings on the shaded main 2nd level porch or the higher 3rd floor open deck with family and friends as you sip your favorite drinks and enjoy the view of the ocean (partial view). The extra game room with a slate pool table and 50" UHD smart TV is a favorite for kids and teens (and adults) and offers a separate living space from the main living/dining/kitchen area for the group to spread out. The large screen 65" UHD smart TV in LR, TVs and DVDs in each BR (except one), wireless internet, 14 beach tags and 4 bikes add to the fun. Shopping, restaurants and arcades are just a short stroll away. There are 2 master bedrooms, each with a Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The fireplaces in the living room and game room are great in the colder months. See the photos!
We do not rent to prom or Senior Week groups or other groups of high school or college students. Our typical renters are groups of one or more families, often spanning several generations, groups of adult friends or couples, wedding groups, church groups and more.
We generally rent only for full weeks from late May to early October (unless there are still openings with less than 1 month to go). We do not typically do long Memorial Day weekends unless it is still not rented as of early May. We also do not typically do long Easter weekends unless it is still not rented with 2-3 weeks to go. Other than these exceptions, long weekends are the norm and perfect in the off season -- generally mid October through April.
The layout of the unit with the 5 Bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and game room includes 4 “half levels” in a very comfortable design where everyone never feels “on top of each other” as follows:
First “Half Level” (back half of unit)
• Master BR #1 with king bed, 40” TV and DVD player, ceiling fan and bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, shower and double vanity
• BR #3 with queen bed, 32” TV and DVD player and ceiling fan. This room uses the large hall full bath.
• BR #4 with 2 double bunk units, each with a double bed on the bottom and twin bed on top. This room also uses the large hall full bath
• Large Hall Full Bathroom – with double vanity and shower. Typically used by BR #3 and BR #4
• Hall half bath – this is typically used by the living areas on the next level
Second “Half Level” (front half of unit – ocean views)
• Living room with 2 sofas and 3 chairs and 65” UHD smart TV and DVD player (with collection of 40 DVDs), fireplace and ceiling fan
• Dining room with large table that can seat 10-12.
• Breakfast nook with table that can seat 4 (or be used for puzzles or playing games)
• Well stocked kitchen with overhanging countertop with 5 bar stools.
• BR #5 with 2 twin beds, 32” TV with DVD player and ceiling fan. Uses large full hall bath on first Half Level.
• Main deck (covered) with partial ocean view and table for 4 plus an additional 6 comfortable chairs
Third “Half Level” (back half of unit)
• Master BR #2 with king bed, 36” TV and DVD player, ceiling fan and bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, shower and double vanity. Also has a storage closet where port-a-crib and high chair are stored.
Fourth “Half Level” (front half of unit – ocean views)
• Game room with slate pool table, 50” UHD smart TV and DVD player, 2 small game tables, 2 chairs, a queen futon, fireplace and ceiling fan.
• Turret connected to game room with an additional bunk bed (twin top, twin bottom). This is unofficially BR #6. The game room has 2 dressers for anyone sleeping in the turret to use. Oh yes….when you lift your head from the pillow of the top bunk, you are looking at the ocean!
• Top deck with 2 bar tables and 4 bar stools with great views for happy hour or hanging out any time.
• There is an additional enclosed shower used just by this unit along the main entrance hallway coming into the unit (there is also a separate enclosed shower for the 1st floor unit)
We recently upgraded the two King, Queen, two Double and 2 Twin beds to premium Beauty Rest 14" thick mattresses with 1000 independent internal coils and several layers of comfort foam. All this to help ensure our guests sleep well!
For meals, there is plenty of seating for everyone:
* A main dining table for 10
* A smaller dining table for 4 that is also great for playing cards, doing puzzles or playing other games
* 5 kitchen counter bar stools
* Table for 4 on the adjacent main deck
The deck is spacious and wonderful, facing east to provide morning sun and afternoon shade (make sure you don't stay elsewhere where the deck faces west -- it's like the surface of the sun during summer afternoons!). There is a table for 4 as well as an additional 6 chairs. We have spent countless happy hours on the deck!
We have Comcast high speed internet and cable TV.
There is no barbeque – sorry!
There are 2 fireplaces -- one in the living room and one in the game room -- great for fall/winter/early spring rentals!
The unit has a large capacity washer and dryer. It also has a high chair and a portable crib.
There is a children’s playhouse in the back yard. The back yard is enclosed by a fence and is only accessed from the front. The back yard is shared with the 1st floor unit (1402 Ocean) but is almost never used.
The St Augustine Catholic Church is 1 block away -- at 13th and Wesley. Other churches and places of worship are also nearby but not quite as close.
The beds have bedspreads, mattress pads, pillows and blankets. Sheets and pillow cases and bath and beach towels are NOT provided and are either brought by the renter or rented from local companies (many local businesses do this – just google “linens for rent in Ocean City NJ”).
The kitchen is well stocked with all the plates, glasses and utensils you need. There is a toaster, coffee maker, blender, griddle, pots/pans, etc. We get many positive comments in our guest book about how well we have set up this property.
Renters must bring their own consumable supplies -- toilet paper, clothes and dish washing detergent, paper towels, trash bags. Often some supplies remain from previous renters, but it is best to not rely upon this.
We provide 14 seasonal beach tags (honor system to not take them!) so there is no added expense to go to the beach. (Note: Ocean City requires that you show your beach tag when you walk onto the beach between early June and Labor Day)
The unit has an assortment of beach chairs and beach toys in the garage, but the condition of these cannot be guaranteed.
The unit also has four 21 speed bikes for your use -- Ocean City is great for bike rides (you can even ride on the boardwalk until noon)
Parking includes 1 car in the garage and 1 car on the concrete pad. Both are accessed from Ocean Avenue as there is no alley behind the unit. During the summer, there are parking meters on Ocean Avenue, so we typically stash any extra cars on the avenues farther from the ocean (e.g. Wesley, Central, Asbury, etc.) where the parking is free. This may sound a bit inconvenient but really is not since you will find you almost never need your car due to the amazing location of this property.
Professional cleaners will clean the unit following your stay, but the protocol in Ocean City is for the renters to leave the place as close to the condition upon arrival as possible. For example, bedspreads should be on the bed and the beds should be made, furniture should all be placed back to the original location if moved, dishes should be cleaned and returned into the proper cabinets, items that may have fallen on the floor should be picked up, trash should be taken out, etc. This then allows the cleaners to focus on the remaining aspects to bring the place to 100% for the following guests. We provide a "departure checklist" in a "renters guide" binder in the unit that can be used to ensure a complete and proper departure.
The main access to the unit is via an entrance into a ground floor hallway used by both the 1st floor unit and our 2nd/3rd floor unit. There is a single flight of 7 steps up to the door into 1404 Ocean. Once in the door, you climb 2 flights adding to 15 stairs to get the first “half level” within the unit. Then there are 6 stairs to the 2nd “half level”, 8 stairs to the 3rd “half Level” and 7 stairs to the 4th “half level.” The property obviously is not suitable for handicapped individuals, but any healthy person can easily handle the stairs.
We keep 3 copies of keys in a lock box in the back yard attached to one of the wooden pillars holding the air conditioner (the air conditioner toward the right as you stand in the back yard facing the ocean). We will provide the code for the lock box once the booking is confirmed. Renters must return the keys into the lock box at the end of their rental.
As info, we also own the units at 1220 Wesley and 1222 Wesley (both are 5BR / 3BA units that sleep 12-14 and are also listed on VRBO). These properties are only 2 short blocks away. Since these properties are so close, it is possible to arrange accommodations for very large groups staying at all 3 properties.Get the full listing »