Immaculate, upscale contemporary house steps from beach with panoramic 360-degree views across the island of both the ocean and bay—perfect for a relaxing, luxurious island getaway.
4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, extremely private home with gated fence. It is a 2-story light-filled house with 3 multi-level decks, located just 3 houses from ocean. Airy & bright, the upper floor has an open plan living/dining/kitchen with spectacular views in all directions & leads out onto giant deck.
The fully equipped kitchen was completely renovated this year with new top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances. Master bedroom (with doors to deck) & bathroom on upper floor; other 3 bedrooms on first floor, along with second bath & separate laundry room. Beamed wood ceilings & hardwood floors throughout.
Multiple decks/garden are designed for outside living, with both shaded areas for dining & built-in seating for soaking up the sun. Hand-painted Moroccan-style designs give feel of true exotic escape.
About the Area
Located 3 houses from the ocean, and a two-minute walk to the bay and ferry dock in the quiet, family-oriented community of Ocean Bay Park, Fire Island. OBP has a few local restaurants, a pizza parlor and an ice cream shop, as well as tennis courts and kayaks and canoes that can be rented. It’s a fifteen to twenty minute walk (or 5 minute bike ride) to Ocean Beach, which is like the metropolis of Fire Island, with several restaurant, nightlife, shopping and activity options. Food delivery options also abound, including supermarkets in Bay Shore, a local fish store and a deli all deliver your food fresh on the ferry for easy pick-up.
About Fire Island: Activities & Attractions
Close to New York City, but a world away. No cars are allowed on the island—a short ferry ride transports you across the bay. On the island, people walk, bike or take a water taxi to other towns. It is a great place for children to roam free, with the calm bay beach and playgrounds within walking distance. Beautiful soft sand beaches, great nightlife nearby, it offers all the following:
- Beach Combing
- Hiking (Sunken Forest)
- Beach Volleyball
- Bars/Live Music
- The Pines & Cherry Grove are a water taxi ride away
Top Things to Do + Budget & Family-Friendly Ideas
Top thing to do on Fire Island:
• Enjoy the beautiful beach & swim in the ocean or the bay.
• Fish, surf, sail, windsurf, boogie board - you name it!
• Cruise around on your bike & check out the towns nearby.
• Sunset cocktails & dining in Ocean Beach.
• Relax. Swim. Repeat!
Top things to do on a budget:
• This isn't the Hamptons - all about relaxation, not spending.
• Enjoy the sand, sea & sun - all are free!
• Grill on the huge deck.
• Bike ride or stroll around town - no cars!
• Hike to Sunken Forest of visit the lighthouse.
Top things to do with a family:
• Go to the beach, just a few feet from your door.
• Fun activities: tennis, volleyball, kayaking, fishing.
• Get an ice cream cone & visit the nearby playground.
• Boogie boarding, sandcastle-building, wave-frolicking.
• Hike to Sunken Forest.
Keywords: houseGet the full listing »