Come visit Castaway’s Retreat on OAK ISLAND!
Take a stroll on the Scenic Walkway over Davies Canal and head to the ocean or watch the sunset! A short 10 minute walk or 5 minute drive and you’ll have your toes in the sand!
Our Home welcomes you for a comfy, cozy stay. Drift away to the ocean waves from the hammock in our secluded fenced backyard.
Relaxation at its finest and spending time with your family and friends can’t get better than this!
Fully renovated Cottage 1700 square feet, perfect for families and friends.
MASTER : King Bed, Memory Foam Mattress
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed, pillow top
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed, pillow top
Bonus room: 2 futons (full size) extra comfy mattress
Great for families who like to spend time together!
Fully Stocked kitchen
Comfy beds, linens and pillows
Large Fenced Backyard
Walk to the beach
Close to restaurants and grocery stores.
* USE THE KEYLESS ENTRY: We will give you a code to use for the weekend, this will let you in an out of the house. It will be changed after you check out, so please try and gather your belongings in entirety before checkout. I will give you the keycode 24 hours in advance of your arrival. A person 25 years of age or older must occupy the rented home each day of the rental. Number of guests is limited to the agreed upon number of guests in the confirmed reservation.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
1. POLICE: 910-278-5595
2. FIRE DEPARTMENT: 910-278-1000
3. DOSHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Southport): 910-457-3800
*ENTERTAINING: You may use our home for guests and approved gatherings no more than 10 people, but we have a quiet time policy, quiet time after 10PM on week nights and 11PM on weekends.
TELEVISION & INTERNET: There is a television in the Master bedroom and in the Living room with ATT service. There is a movie library and a DVD player in the living room as well. We have WIFI, but would prefer streaming only 1 movie per day during your stay.
* OVERNIGHT GUESTS: All overnight guests must be approved in advance through the booking process and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the price.
* COOKING: All appliances are available for your use, please clean up after yourself and wash all dishes and items that you use. Please HANDWASH the pots and pans and please put all other items in the dishwasher and turn on before checkout. Dishwasher pods are located under the sink.
GRILL: We have a grill on site. Please clean the grill after use – for the safety of us as well as other guests. There will be a $25 charge if the grill is left dirty.
* NO EATING IN THE BEDROOMS: If you intend to eat at home, please sit down in the kitchen, dining room, or on the back porch instead of eating in the bedrooms. Please only water in the carpeted areas.
* PETS: We have a completely fenced in backyard for the animals to play in. Additional Pet fee for APPROVED PETS. REQUEST approval for pets before booking. LIMIT 2. Pets must be up to date on shots, flea and tick, and heartworm. This documentation will be required before check in is allowed. Pets must be put in a kennel while unattended, if your pet cannot be kenneled, please DO NOT request booking. We have 2 kennels at the house for use. Pets must also be cleaned up after, anything not cleaned up will results in a $25 charge. Pets are not allowed on furniture, are not allowed to be left alone in bedrooms or unattended without being in a kennel while you are enjoying Oak Island.
* NO SMOKING: There is no smoking of any kind in the house or on the deck and porch. If you need to smoke, you can step out to the curb and pocket your butt in an outdoor trash can.
* QUIET HOURS: We prefer to keep it to a dull roar after 10PM on weekdays and 11PM on Weekends.
* LEAVE BEHIND WHAT YOU DON'T USE: We'll do our best to anticipate what you may need by way of extra towels, blankets or such. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap are available while you are staying with us along with some other spiffs and we expect you to leave behind what you don't use during your stay.
* TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENTS: Please keep the thermostat between 68-75 degrees. You have an adjustable overhead fan in all rooms for your personal comfort.
* ITEMS WE STOCK: Pillows, Blankets and sheet set for each bedroom (we only have 1 set per bedroom, so please be mindful of dirtying the sheets during your stay). We also have bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. We have Games and DVDs for you to use. Please leave these items, as we want every guest to have the same experience as you.
* EXTRAS: We have 2 small beach chairs, 2 extra beach towels, and 1 beach bag. We also have a small cooler on site for you to use. If you need additional items, please bring these things with you. Again, we want to continue to have these items for all of our guests, so please leave them behind when you go.
* ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR ISSUE: Please contact if any issues arise during your stay.
* DAMAGE: All damages must be reported in writing at checkout. Damages to the property, items inside the property, and to the exterior of the property will result in a loss of security deposit.
* SECURITY DEPOSIT: Security deposit will be forfeited if any damage occurs to the property or the items inside the property.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope you come back for years to come and visit us. If you have any suggestions after your stay, please let us know, we would love your feedback to make our rental even more enjoyable for you and others.Get the full listing »