Our property is named BALTA VARNA. BALTA VARNA means WHITE CROW in Lithuanian and we can definitely relate to the meaning behind the phrase. BALTA VARNA is an intimate space and was designed, built, cared for by ourselves and the locals. We are nestled on a small hill, surrounded by many different plants and trees, views of the ocean, sounds of many bird varieties and howler monkeys.
We offer private home rentals for a tranquil vacation close to many world class surf break - 3km to the first beach access point - Playa Guasacate. Our homes have fully equipped kitchens, private bath, A/C, ceiling fans, decks, furniture.
We offer tranquility and a place to unplug just moments away from an uncrowded beach. Birdwatch, swing in a hammock, explore your Yoga practice, surf, tour local rustic villages or simply relax in this sublime setting.
Our 1,25 acre property is built around a large, temperate, palm roof yoga deck, perfect for relaxation, reading or a yoga practice. We invite you to enjoy it on its own or join us when we have scheduled yoga classes, meditation sessions or workshops. You will find outdoor grills, hammocks, swings and cozy hangout areas throughout our property, all there to enjoy.
We do live in one of the three homes on the property while the other two are used for rental. The rental homes accommodate up to three people each so there may only be up to 6 guests plus us at one time on our property. We live on site and are happy to help with anything you may need.
Some things to note:
- We offer incredible long term rental discounts: weekly rates, monthly rates.
- We are close to the beach, just 3 km away. We suggest having your own transport.
- From our door, you can be in the water by car or moto to these surf breaks or sites:
* Popoyo, Outer Rief, Piedrita, Beginners Bay - 15 minutes
* Lances Left, Playgrounds, Astillero Beach Break - 30 + minutes
* Santana Beach Break - 25 minutes
* Panga Drops & Colorados - 35 minutes
* Tidal Pools - 15 minutes
* Hot Springs - 15 minutes
- We do have parking space dedicated for your car or moto inside of our property gates.
- If you are arriving by taxi and need help organizing it for the lowest price in the area please let us know, we will happily help you arrange it.
- House cleaning and laundry service is included for week + rentals only
- Electricity costs are high in Nicaragua (highest in the Americas) so please use A/C moderately. Long term guests will be presented with the billing for monthly costs over $50.
About the area:
Las Salinas, Tola Nicaragua is 2.5 hours from the capital city Managua. Surrounded by small towns, a local fishing community and miles of sprawling beach known as Playa Guasacate.
Nicaragua has become better known as a safe and exciting tourist destination, untouched and unparalleled in Central America. Famous for it’s flora and fauna as well as rugged and diverse landscape from volcanoes to lakes, rivers to oceans, wildlife, culture and historic colonial cities. Today, Nicaragua attracts tourists from all over the world that seek to find undeveloped natural surroundings.
Playa Guasacate is home to the world famous Popoyo Surf break, tidal pools and one of Nicaragua’s most pristine beaches.Get the full listing »