You're heading to Newport Beach, and everyone is relying on you to pick the right vacation rental.
Let's chat, and see if Surf Cottage (Lower) is right for you.
"What is this vacation rental like?"
- This is the ground floor unit of a offbeat old beach house. If you want to be on one of the best oceanfront corner lots in West Newport, right on the boardwalk, with the water so close you can almost reach out and touch it, and you don't mind uneven floors and cozy 1920s beach architecture, this. is. the. place.
There are three bedrooms, with two twin beds in the first bedroom, a full size bed in the second bedroom, and a full size bed in the third bedroom. There is one bathroom that is split into two; a restroom, and a shower room. It sleeps six pretty comfortably, and if you need more space, you can rent the upstairs unit as well. You also get the upper level of the split front deck, with your own gas BBQ, patio furniture, a crazy good view of the Pacific ocean, and about the best people watching around.
"Is it well outfitted?"
- Yes. In addition to WiFi, cable, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, automated keypad door locks and a coin-op washer and dryer in the garage, it also has a basic starter supply of soaps, detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, enough to get you going for your stay.
"Will it be clean?"
- Yes! It's not the prettiest pad on the boardwalk, but our cleaners will have it cleaned, stocked, beds made, and ready to move in.
"How is the parking?"
- Tight. One space in an old Model T garage. Most SUVs and trucks won't fit. You'll probably want to keep a smaller vehicle in the garage and use that one to get around town with, and leave any larger ones parked on the street. (Just keep an eye out for street sweeping days.)
"How about the value?"
- What you're getting out of this unit is a clean, comfortable and basic accommodations for people who plan to be on the deck or enjoying the beach more than the features and amenities of the home.
"Is this the right vacation rental for me?"
- If you're someone that doesn't mind paying for luxury and getting luxury, you will be immediately disappointed. (But we have other places you *will* like, so ask us!) If you are good with a cozy old beach cottage with walls that might be leaning just a little bit to the left, but has tons of vintage beach charm, you'll be like our many other returning guests who just love it.
If this all works for you, congrats! You have found the right vacation rental! Everyone will compliment you on your wise choice, good looks, vacation savvy and general savoir faire. Book now, and get their praise and adoration locked in!
(No air conditioning (but a great ocean breeze). No smoking, in the unit or on the premises. No pets. Minimum primary renter age of 25. Photo ID required. Short Term Lodging Permit: 10292)Get the full listing »