You're heading to Newport Beach, and everyone is relying on you to pick the right vacation rental.
Let's chat, and see if Groundswell Unit D is right for you.
"What is this vacation rental like?"
- This is a ground floor 2 bedroom 2 bath oceanfront apartment in a 6 apartment building, right on the boardwalk, with a large private patio, the grassy Balboa Park, the sand, and the water straight ahead. The location is just a block from the edge of Balboa Village, full of shops, restaurants, bars and activities. The apartment itself is roomy, properly equipped and well maintained.
The master bedroom has a queen-size bed and the second bedroom has one queen sized bed. Each bedroom has a separate full bath. There is also a queen-size futon in the living room. It technically sleeps 6, but you should consider the layout and bed sizes to see if that works for your group. The kitchen is nicely upgraded, and each downstairs unit has its own huge private patio, with two tables, propane BBQ and separate entrance.
Another nice feature of this unit is that this building has multiple apartments, so if you have large groups with different schedules, you can rent a few units and bring everyone together for a big vacation.
"Is it well outfitted?"
- Yes. In addition to WiFi, cable, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, automated keypad door locks, guest welcome tablet and a coin-op washer and dryer in the garage, it also has a basic starter supply of soaps, detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, enough to get you going for your stay.
"Will it be clean?"
- Yes! Our cleaners will have it cleaned, stocked, beds made, and ready to move in.
"How is the parking?"
- Adequate. Each unit in this building gets one parking space in the carport. The carport is a little tight to maneuver in and out of, but nearly any vehicle will fit. There is some street parking nearby, and a large amount of metered short and long term parking within a few blocks.
"How about the price?"
- This is a standard 2 bed 2 bath boardwalk vacation rental with a very desirable ground floor patio. The unit will neither disappoint you or wow you. However, the fun you will have on the patio and at this location of the oceanfront will wow you. This is one of our most popular units with a ton of repeat business. It's reliably good fun for the money.
"Is this the right vacation rental for me?"
- If you are looking for luxury furnishings, no. If you're looking to throw wild parties late at night, definitely no. The grassy Balboa Park is also a factor. Some people love it. Some people don't.
All that said, if you and your crew want to come to the beach and have a good time, with everything a beach vacationer could want within a three block radius, it's hard to go wrong with this option.
(No air conditioning (but a great ocean breeze). No smoking, in the unit or on the premises. Inquire for pets. Minimum primary renter age of 25. Photo ID required. Short Term Lodging Permit: SLP 12009)Get the full listing »