Vacationing guests are now invited to experience one of the real gems of gracious Balboa Island bay front living. Never before has this long-time family home been available as a vacation destination, and it is a beauty! Iconic mid-century design defines the entire two-story, single family home, with antiques and fine art throughout each spacious room. Boasting a double-wide bay front lot on the quiet side of the Island, this home can sleep 10 maximum guests with the possibility of an additional 4 guests when the rear upstairs apartment is booked simultaneously - upon availability. (See separate listing or contact our office for more details.)
- Expansive room w/ sectional sofa; matching side chairs; set of 4 additional
side chairs; back-to-back gas fireplace; TV and sound system; wall-to-wall full-
length windows w/ bay views; slider out to front patio
- Bamboo octangonal dining table w/ seating for 8; matching side chairs; wall-
to-wall bay views; slider out to front patio; pass-thru granite counter to kitchen;
back-to-back gas fireplace; side board buffet; tea cart
- Top of the line appliances; fully stocked w/ food prep dishes, utensils,
pots/pans, serving items; storage galore; butler's pantry w/ secondary
fridge/freezer; full laundry appliances and full sink; view out to courtyard
- Bedroom #1: queen bed; antique accents; side chair; nearby bathroom
- Bedroom #2: twin trundle set; leather side chair; built-in storage; cable TV;
slider to inner courtyard
Extra Sleeping Arrangements: 2 Trifold twin floor mats are provided (extra
bedding/pillows included) for extra sleeping arrangements to total 10
maximum guests; best used by children. Rollaway twin beds can be rented,
when desired, for adult use in lieu of the floor mats. Contact our office.
- Bathroom #1: across the hall from bedroom #1; newly remodeled w/ step-in
- Bathroom #2: near bedroom #2; newly remodeled w/ step-in shower
- Master Bedroom: king bed; large bay view sitting area w/ upholstered chaise
lounge chairs, 2 swivel club chairs, cable TV; writing desk; includes a dual
(his/hers) bathroom suite
- Bedroom #4: queen bed; TV monitor w/ gaming system and Firestick; best
sunrise bay views
- Master Bathroom: 2 separate sets of closets w/ dressing areas, vanities, toilets
and spacious sinks are conjoined by the common bathtub and separate step-
- Bathroom #5: located next to bedroom #4; newly remodeled; step-in shower
ALSO INCLUDED: 4 beach chairs; tower fans; heating; iron/ironing board; free wifi; hair dryer; propane gas bbq grill;
DUE TO THE TYPICALLY MODERATE COASTAL CLIMATE, THIS HOUSE - LIKE MOST IN THE AREA - DOES NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING.
- Dining table w/ seating for six; side benches; wicker seating; lush garden
setting; awnings; views up and down the bay channel
Boat Dock Gazebo:
- Cushioned love seat w/ 2 side chairs; side tables; access to the boat dock
ramp's gazebo seating area is available until Jan. 2, 2019; however, the boat
dock area is strictly off limits to vacationing guests at all times: it is for the use
of boat owners only.
- Lush garden area w/ outdoor seating; bbq grill; ping pong table; canopy;
fountain; garage access
- Outdoor Shower
NOTE: Regularly scheduled gardening maintenance takes place around the entire property, including the inner courtyard, on Mondays.
NOTE: Boat owners will frequently have to pass through the gazebo seating area to access their boats.
(We apologize for these necessary inconveniences)
General Boat Dock Info: There are several public boat docks throughout Newport Harbor, including one right near this property - especially convenient for picking up your guests on a rented Duffy Electric boat or other water craft. (highly recommended activity!) There is no overnight docking on public docks. For longer term docking, mooring or anchoring, call the Newport Harbor Master for locations and pricing.
LOCATION: Bay views on the quiet side of Balboa Island; front public boardwalk circumnavigates the entire island; close walking distance to the Balboa Auto Ferry (cars, bikes and pedestrians) that crosses the main harbor to the Newport/Balboa Peninsula and ocean daily until 11 p.m; Marine Ave. is the charming main commercial district 1/2 mile away - a pleasant walk - to shops, eateries and much more....a must-see!
PARKING: Double car garage accessed via rear alley - Dimensions: 18 feet deep x 17 feet wide x 6ft High
LAUNDRY: Free facilities are located in the utility area next to the kitchen. Guests must provide their own supplies
Check-in time: 3 p.m. on the arrival date
Check-out time: 10 a.m. on the departure date
LINENS: All bed/bath/kitchen/beach linens for the maximum number of guests are provided as part of the cleaning/linen fee and are attractively installed. Four beach chairs are provided for our guests' use.
RECREATIONAL GEAR: Additional beach gear or recreational equipment is available for rent from the management at very reasonable rates for our guests: bikes, child seats, trailers, body boards, surfboards, large ice chests; plus Pack n Play portable cribs, and portable high chairs, etc. Contact us for more information!Get the full listing »