- Kuratau is a popular destination for your family
Our Treasure Cottage is situated in the beautiful family friendly area of Kuratau.
Kuratau on Lake Taupo. The cooler weather has arrived, and now is the time to take a break and share some special time with your family and friends.
Relax by the cosy gas log fire, at this quiet and secluded Cottage Retreat, with native bush views.
Mt. Ruapehu is only a 40 Minutes drive away. Take a trip on the new Sky Waka Gondola at the mountain, the soak in the Tokaanu Hot Pools after a day exploring the Tongariro World Heritage Area.
Private, with plenty of wonderful Tui's and bird life for your family to enjoy.
- Short walk to the lakefront, with safe swimming, fishing and boating
- There are many bush walks to the southern end of Lake Taupo, and the Kuratau River.
- Children's play area is only 5-6 minutes walk, and if you fancy a game of tennis they are near by
- Cottage is a fabulous base walking the Tongariro Track
- Kuratau river Wines and Floating Rock Vineyard have great coffee. Winter wedges, or a wood-fired pizza on the deck over the summer. All enjoyed with a glass of local wine. The vineyard is open school holiday, and most weekends and long holiday weekends.
- 5 minutes drive to Orieti Village Restaurant
- 10 minutes drive to the Hot Thermal Pools at Tokannu
- 40 minutes drive to the Whakapapa Skifields, and Sky Waka Gondola.
- 15 minutes to the Golf Course, Climbing Wall, a good supermarket and other shops at Turangi
- 20 minutes drive to the Tongariro River with walking and cycling tracks, and trout fishing
- The area has a well serviced store, with WiFi
Our Cottage Retreat has an open-plan living area with a smart and modern kitchen and excellent appliances for you to enjoy. The bathroom is equipped with a modern shower and vanity, A heated towel rail and an excellent heater and fan. We have a washing machine and a dryer for your use with the laundry tucked away for convience. . There are 2 double bedrooms with a queen size bed in each bedroom, and another double bedroom with 1 King single bed and 1 single trundler bed. We even have a great Portacot and portable seat for your little one.
You will enjoy the area and our Little Treasure Cottage Retreat "Iti Taonga".
Extras: Cleaning (Required, NZ$125.00 per stay); Linen (included);Get the full listing »