Come and enjoy your own piece of New Smyrna Beach history at “The Tatum House”, a recently renovated 1940’s Florida historical beach cottage conveniently located at 1001 Hill Street, NSB. Originally built by the Tatum family in 1940, The Tatum House is recognized by almost all of New Smyrna Beach natives as one of the first and now oldest remaining beach homes. This home radiates the charm and flair of old Florida family beach days. Envision yourself sitting on the back porch in our classic white Adirondack chairs, a beach breeze keeping you cool, the sound of the ocean waves rolling in the background, with the sea shells collected from your morning walk sitting at your feet. These are the kind of days that can be enjoyed by guests of The Tatum House.
With four bedrooms and three full baths, this home easily accommodates a family or a couples’ getaway. The large sectional in the living room invites you to curl up for a nap or gather as a group for movie night. There is plenty of eating space with the large kitchen bar and cozy dining table.
When renovating the home, it was important to us that we maintain the historical integrity and old Florida charm, while throwing in a gentle touch of modern conveniences and upgrades. Many of the home’s features remain from the original construction, including red pine wood floors throughout, bedroom doors and hardware. The newly tiled kitchen and bathrooms were selected to stay consistent with the patterns of the period. Each room has been named after a landmark. Be sure to spend some time in the stairwell enjoying historical pictures of the home and new Smyrna from back in the day!
In addition to the 55” TV in the living room, each bedroom hosts a 43 inch mounted TV to allow for private wind down time in your room. All bedrooms have an ocean view.
The storage shed on the property houses an assortment of beach chairs, bikes, floats, etc. for your use during your stay. And when you aren’t just hanging out at Tatum house, you will find you are very conveniently located in New Smyrna, just off of 1st Avenue for easy exploring around town. You are within half a mile of famous Flagler Avenue, which boasts plenty of restaurants, shopping, bars, art shows, etc. You’re three blocks from the conveniences of the grocery store (Publix), more shopping and eating, the famous Red Dog Surf Shop for beach clothing and surf gear and The Little Theatre for a night out of local talent. Walk out the back door, straight onto the beach and you are within a quarter mile of great beachfront eating and cocktails at Toni and Joe’s (to the north) and Sea Vista Tiki Bar (to the South). A little further down gets you to Breakers (north) and Chases (south). When you book, we will hook you up with the complete lowdown on the places to hit in NSB during your stay!!! There is never a dull moment in this quaint community that promotes enjoyment for all ages! New Smyrna Beach is a generational vacation spot……grandchildren that visited with their grandparents continue to vacation in New Smyrna to recapture those glorious days of fun in the sun with family and friends.
We are so excited for you to come enjoy our little piece of heaven in New Smyrna Beach!!....Return for another visit and take advantage of the 10% discount we extend to returning guests. New Smyrna is addictive!
• Living Room – Large Section Sofa. TV
• Kitchen – Appliances (refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher). Large bar for serving and eating (5 barstools).
• Dining Room – Cozy antique table that seats 4 just off from kitchen and living room. Great spot for conversation, playing games or to put a puzzle together.
• Hall Bathroom – A full bathroom easily accessed by general home visitors and across the hallway from Bedroom #1. Tub/Shower combo.
• “The Minorca” - Bedroom #1 – Queen Bed. TV. Direct ocean front view. Roll up the shades and lay in bed looking at the beach and listening to the ocean waves. Dresser and closet for clothing storage during stay.
• “The Coronado” - Bedroom #2 – Queen Bed. TV. Private sitting area (loveseat, chair, coffee table). Dresser and closet for clothing storage during stay. Private full bathroom.
• Bathroom #2 – Private bath accessed from within Bedroom #2. Walk in shower. Also houses the washer/dryer unit.
2nd Floor (accessed via staircase):
• “The Flagler” - Bedroom #3 – Southside of home. Full bed. TV. Closet hosts hanging and drawer storage for clothing during stay.
• “The Turnbull” - Bedroom #4 – North side of home. Queen bed. TV. Closet hosts hanging and drawer storage for clothing during stay.
• Bathroom #3 – Situated between Bedroom #3 and Bedroom #4. Walk in shower and large vanity.
All Guests must be 25 years of age or older or otherwise accompanied and supervised by an adult who is 25 year of age or older. A copy of the responsible Guest's drivers' license shall be submitted along with the rental agreement.
PROPERTY REVIEWS: This property is new to the vacation rental market and therefore has not received any reviews yet. My husband and I have other vacation rental properties and manage them ourselves. We travel frequently and understand the comforts that are important to guests.
Follow us on Facebook @TheTatumHouse
Other Vacation Properties: Check out our vacation property in Breckenridge, CO at VRBO.com/787847Get the full listing »