** Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises with some shared outdoor amenities **
Experience the best of New Orleans during your stay at 'The Creole Cottage.' Constructed in 1868, this 2-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental home for 4 is one of the last Italianate creole cottages left in the U.S. - yet offers modern amenities including central air conditioning. The home is located 12 blocks from the French Quarter; perfect for all of your escapades in 'The Big Easy!'
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
The interior of this historically-registered cottage is adorned with an eclectic mix of modern and antique decor. Fall in love with the home's original hardwood floors, tall ceilings with crown molding, and exposed brick fireplaces. With history steeped in its walls, the property has been perfectly updated to include central air conditioning and all of the comforts of home.
As you sink into one of the comfy sofas in the main living area, use the wireless internet access to book a swamp tour, make a reservation at a restaurant, or learn more about the city's rich history. Should you grow tired of relaxing in the air-conditioned interior, step out to the private front porch or side porch to get some fresh air!
When you're not trying locale creole cuisine, stay in to prepare all of your meals in the fully equipped kitchen. New appliances, ample counter space, and a center island make meal prep a breeze.
The pavilion might be your favorite place to spend your time after a day in the French Quarter. Listen to the sounds of the wind rustling through the trees as you sip a Sazerac and watch your favorite shows on the outdoor flat-screen cable TV.
If you're traveling with a large group, be sure to check out the availability of 'The Chartres Street Cottage'. This 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom cottage sleeps 4 and is located on the same property as 'The Creole Cottage.' Rent the 2 properties at once to spend your vacation with all of your loved ones, while still maintaining all of your privacy.
-- THE LOCATION --
The Creole Cottage' is located in the heart of the revival of the Bywater Neighborhood - one of the oldest sections of New Orleans. Walk to Satsuma for breakfast, stroll over to Elizabeth's for brunch, grab a slice at Pizza Delicious, or chow down on German food at Bratz.
Walk 5 doors down the street to the Country Club - the neighborhood's biggest attraction. Save the best for last and make your way to Markey's Bar. This corner pub has been handed down for generations; settle up to the bar and be sure to ask for Roy!
What would a trip to 'The Big Easy' be without a night on Bourbon Street? The French Quarter is just 12 blocks away - an easy walk or cab ride from the cottage. Make memories that'll last a lifetime in New Orleans' most popular areas - especially if you're visiting during Mardi Gras!
New Orleans hosts an array of exciting events including the Voodoo Festival, Soul Fest, New Orleans St Patrick's Day, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Pride in June!
Get out of the city for a day and go for a boat tour through the swamp or a boat cruise up the river. Ask your host, Mr. Jim, for help booking a tour!
Walk around City Park, visit the world-famous Audubon Zoo, learn about your favorite sea creatures at the Aquarium of the Americas, or get spooked at one of the cities ghost or voodoo tours.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, free WiFi, private front and side porches, shared backyard pavilion, in-unit laundry machines, driveway parking for 1, and much more!
- Shared amenities include a pavilion with a gas grill and outdoor flat-screen TV
- Be sure to check the availability of 'The Chartres Street Cottage' if your travel group is larger than 4!
- Incredible New Orleans location in the Bywater Neighborhood! Walk to numerous restaurants, the French Quarter, and art galleries. Drive a few minutes to City Park, the Audubon Zoo, and the Aquarium of the Americas
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (~17 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises with some shared outdoor amenities
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Extra fees will be charged if over 4 people are found to be staying at the property
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »