Our turn of the century Caribbean-style home offers a peaceful retreat just blocks from the French Quarter action.
Pet Friendly, Maison du Madison is a private apartment nestled between the best neighborhoods in New Orleans, The Marigny & The Bywater.
You'll be a brief stroll to Frenchmen Street's jazz corridor & the French Quarter is 4 blocks further. You'll find kind hosts, old world charm, and modern fixin's.
We welcome all walks of life.
Welcome to Maison du Madison our fully updated cottage apartment. Check us out on Nola Styles on Youtube.
You'll enjoy our more than 100-year-old home complete with:
- Fully private apartment with key code entrance
- 15-foot ceilings
- multiple fireplaces
- crown molding
- original cypress wood flooring
- era-appropriate furnishings
- optional pet care see @loanerdogs on Rover or Insta
- secure wifi
- central AC
and all the creature comforts you'd enjoy in a modern home.
You'll be staying in our beautiful Magnolia Suite, a comfortable, lushly appointed private apartment with an adjacent lounge and bath complete with claw-foot tub/shower.
We've stayed in plenty of Airbnbs so we know a thing or two about thoughtfulness. Things we've taken care of for you include:
- Easy custom key code lock so you don’t have to worry about hunting for, losing, or swapping keys with your partner
- Plenty of FREE street parking, often right in front of our house.
- Comfy small living area/lounge with oversized reclining leather sofa, TV, DVD player, Direct TV, NFL Package, Chrome cast, games, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker
- Bathroom, with full size claw foot tub/shower, vanity and antique medicine cabinet.
- There isn't a TV in your bedroom, but there is in your lounge and we have high speed internet so you can stream to your computer or tablet.
- We stock the room with one towel set per guest, if you need more, just ask.
- We include a small a coffee bar with coffee that’s easy to make each morning
- Mini fridge for stocking left overs
- Microwave to heat them up
- Central air and heat
- Exterminator service
- There is a small collection of board games
- Super cute, hypoallergenic and snuggly pup lives just next door
- Dog care for your pup available when booked in advance
All on one of the cutest blocks in New Orleans.
Also, we're open to all friendly and polite guests no matter your walk of life, or leg count (bring your pup).
FRIENDLY ADVICE: Some friendly advice on booking in New Orleans. The City has made it illegal to own properties for the sole purpose of renting out to guests. This means all Airbnbs are either part time, a private apartment, or part of a family’s home. If you’ve been looking and wondering “what’s up with that entrance, layout, etc?” That’s what you’re witnessing. Here are some other tips to make your exploring and finding the right place for your stay a bit easier:
- View the outside AND inside photos of accommodations you plan book to avoid any surprises when you arrive. Look in our photo gallery and/or use your map program of choice to view the neighborhood and outside views of the home.
- Inquire (or look in the listing for) a license number. Ours is 17STR-06648. All properties are required by the City of New Orleans (and Airbnb) to be registered and licensed. There are plenty of phonies out there, so beware!
- Many properties use enhanced or inaccurate photos to make their property look nicer or cleaner than it really is. We are proud to accurately represent our property in our photos. Look at our reviews that refer to our home being "nicer" or "better" than shown in the photos.
- Architecturally speaking, our home is a renovated, double shotgun. The house layout is such that this apartment is fully private (separate entrance) you'll enter through your own, well lit, camera secured front door. We’ll be next door and as available or scarce as you’d like.
Your space is 100% your own during your stay.
Other things to note
Furballs welcome. We are dog-friendly. So long as they're behaved and friendly too.
Ask us about pet care while you're out on the town. We charge $25/day/dog or $100/stay/dog and include walks and plenty of play time. They'll be best pals fast with Maddie (the home's namesake). Got two pups? We'll cut the price.
Why is this location so great for you and your best friend(s)?
- extra bowls and snacks in case you forget anything
- 1 block from an enclosed dog run
- 5-minute walk from an amazing dog shop/doggy daycare for all your pups needs
- 10-minute walk from the entrance to dog-friendly Crescent Park which includes a lovely walking or jogging path along the Mississippi.
- an off-leash dog run at one end and the French Quarter at the other
- we can tell you a few dog-friendly bars/cafes to hit up tooGet the full listing »