Tucked away on a private, tranquil acre in Wauwinet, Hidden Treasure cottage is perfectly situated around the corner from the Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge, affording our guests direct access to miles of pristine, unspoiled shoreline waiting to be explored and enjoyed.
Come experience Nantucket as it is meant to be: simple, natural, unpretentious, and beautiful! Kick back, relax, and get ready to soak in 'Old Nantucket.'
An incomparable spot on the Island. From your front door, take a walk to the harbor OR the ocean OR to the Wauwinet Inn (drinks, dinner, tennis, spa...).
Cottage is well-suited for one or two families.
* Two large bedrooms downstairs (Queen bedroom and King bedroom)
* Large sleeping loft upstairs with two double beds and two twin beds
* Large, fully applianced, bright, cheery, clean and functional kitchen and lovely dining/family room
^spacious family room with two sofas, chairs, TV
* Deck with gas grill and seating and eating area
* 1.5 baths (plus outdoor shower)
* outdoor shower
* Large, private yard
Hidden Treasure is equipped with fresh linens, beds, furniture, grills (one for deck, one for beach) some new appliances, the list goes on! Our goal is to have very happy guests (as were our guests our first season) who are comfortable and want to return year after year.
A few ideas for your stay at this magical spot:
* Great Point: Grab an over-sand permit and head out to Great Point. Be sure to bring food for a long beach day. Enjoy a day with the seals, touring the lighthouse, fishing, swimming, sunbathing, exploring.
* The Bluff: A perfect isolated paradise at sunset. Dinner and cocktails at sunset.
At low tide you can soak up family fun. Find conch shells, horseshoe crabs, and watch the kids spend hours playing. Your children can 'claim' a new island as the tide recedes and the sand bars emerge.
* Walking: Enjoy a simple walk or jog along tranquil Squam Road or the private, quiet harbor and ocean beaches.
* Biking: Pedal along Squam Road to Sesachacha Pond or bike to Siasconset for ice cream and a stroll. Or use the Island bike paths to explore more of the island.
* Swimming and sunbathing: Walk to the ocean or harbor for a dip, or drive down the beaches of the Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge to search for your own perfect, private spot.
* Tennis: A short walk to the court at the Wauwinet Inn.
* Spa: Short walk (Wauwinet Inn).
* Cocktails at sunset over the harbor: Short walk (Wauwinet Inn).
* Dining: A short walk to the internationally acclaimed restaurant, Topper's at the Wauwinet Inn, featuring the distinct, natural flavors of seasonal foods. Topper's award-winning wine cellar is a long-time recipient of the coveted Wine Spectator's Grand Award.
* Games: Play wiffle ball, soccer, croquet, Frisbee etc. in your large, private yard.
* Outdoor shower: Tradition demands you end the day with an outdoor shower -- nothing like it!
Child and Dog Friendly. Sleeps 8 comfortably with one king, two queen, one double, two single beds.
To take full advantage of this idyllic location, be sure to bring your four-wheel drive (or rent a 4 wheel drive vehicle on the island) so you can explore the most breathtaking place on Nantucket -- the awe-inspiring Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge.
Feel free to email with any questions. Thanks!Get the full listing »