Escape to the peaceful South Carolina forest during your stay at this lakefront 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cottage in Mountain Rest. Up to 4 guests can spend lazy afternoons swimming, fishing, or kayaking on tranquil Crystal Lake, and their evenings relaxing on the covered the porch as the day slowly fades to night. Bring your hiking boots to traverse the miles upon miles of trails that surround the community, or just take it easy and enjoy local bluegrass musicians on weekends!
-- THE PROPERTY --
** NOTE: The homeowner lives on site, in a separate unit, and may be present during your stay **
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Full Daybed
Wake up each morning and breathe in the fresh South Carolina air from the comfort of the private balcony. The only sounds you'll hear as the sun rises in the morning are noises made by local wildlife and the wind whistling through the dense forest that surrounds the house.
Inside the home, you can cozy up next to the gas fireplace in the living room. Utilize the cozy space to play board games with your travel companions!
There are plenty of tasty restaurants in town, but there's no need to leave to comfort of your home-away-from-home when you get hungry! The fully equipped kitchen has everything you need to whip up delicious meals.
Any grill masters in your group will love using the gas grill outside to grill up a juicy barbecue dinner! Stay outside after dinner and enjoy listening to the chirping crickets and the fireflies illuminate the night sky.
Everyone in your travel group is bound to sleep well after a day of outdoor adventure. The bedroom boasts a queen-sized bed for 2 guests, and 2 additional guests can sleep on the full-sized daybed in the living room.
-- THE LOCATION --
You won't have to venture far from the property to experience a wonderful vacation! The cottage is surrounded by the forest, and is only steps from beautiful Crystal Lake. You can spend your days swimming by the dock, or bring your kayak out to explore the lake.
Whitewater Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in the Eastern United States, is only 16 miles from the home. Bring your camera because you'll want to capture photos of this majestic destination!
Adventurous guests will want to try their hand whitewater rafting. The nearby Chattooga River offers class II through V rapids!
Put on your hiking boots and explore the area by foot! The famous 77-mile Foothills Trail has several access points near the cottage.
After a fun day, head into town to listen to bluegrass music and dine on some tangy BBQ!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, deck with lounge chairs, gas grill (guests must bring own Coleman green gas canisters), TV with Dish Network, DVD player, free WiFi, gas fireplace, central heating, parking, and much more!
- Lakefront Mountain Rest location with its own dock. Near tons of hiking trails and only a short canoe or kayak ride to several waterfalls!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (~66 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $25 per stay fee
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note the property is not suitable for children under 5 due to the lakefront location
- NOTE: The homeowner lives on site, in a separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »