This area of Historico Centro, is one of the most sought after and photographed "secrets" in town, reminiscent of hidden alley streets found in the historic Hill Towns of Spain or Italy. Great place to photograph, walk and explore!
Located on a charming "callejon" (small street), lined with buganvilias, it is a tranquil setting. With limited traffic it is removed, just enough, from the noise and bustling center of town, yet still only minutes walk to the center... the "Jardin" (Parroquia), the heart of San Miguel.
The neighborhood features several magnificent colonial gems: including San Juan Del Dios Parish with it's meandering gardens, the Bellas Artes and the Teatro Angela Peralta, centers of world famous cultural and musical venues. World- renowned "Aperi " Restaurant is just down the street, as are a variety of restaurants and boutiques.
THE HOME / DESIGN INSPIRATION
Casa 3 Agaves takes its name from the exotic blue agaves overseeing the courtyard of the house (Blue Agave key to making Tequila). The house has a dramatic 180 degree view of the historic tree canopy, which is the architectural focus of the house and includes historic mesquite, jacaranda, rubber and ficus trees.
Casa 3 Agaves is a unique blend of contemporary elegance with old world charm. The ancient trees are the focal point. The second floor living / dining rooms opens seamlessly to the outside with a floor-to-ceiling window wall, opening across the full length. Framing this magnificent tree scape, while taking full advantage of air and sunlight, the feeling is one of serene immersion in the beauty and sounds of nature. Nature pervades the house... all rooms overlook the gardens, and the enormous iron windows flood the house with air and light a challenge with colonial architecture.
The Interior has a ROMANTIC quality with beautiful designer furnishings, period antiques and artwork. Features include: 5 fireplaces, custom designed cabinetry throughout, and quality designer finishes.
The house has been totally rebuilt to modern standards and quality:
- New plumbing with modern plumbing fixtures
- New electrical system and state of the art lighting,
- New heating and cooling systems (ceiling fans),
- 5 new fireplaces
- New Iron Windows/ Doors
- Water purification system throughout the house
- All new kitchen with high end appliances / fixtures
- Security System /Intercom
FIRST FLOOR: PRIVACY
ENTRY COURTYARD / 2 BEDROOMS FLANKING OUTDOOR LIVING ROOM
One enters into a lush courtyard garden with a contemporary linear fireplace ablaze behind the veil of a fountain. The stone outdoor- living room overlooks the gardens and features a massive fireplace for cozy entertaining in winter. It is flanked by two bedrooms which also overlook the gardens.
Both the Master Bedroom and Guest Room each have stone fireplaces and ensuite bathrooms. Both offer high quality queen size beds (firm) with luxurious linens and comforters.
- The Master suite has beamed ceilings with a hand painted decorative frieze
- Cozy sitting area with fireplace, desk, beautiful lighting and artwork
- Ample closets with custom built-ins
- Radiant floor heat and ceiling fan keep a comfortable temperature, year round
- Master Bath features a tiled frieze and cantara marble throughout
- Double vanities, high-end fixtures, spacious double shower and jacuzzi-jetted tub
BEDROOM 2 / LIBRARY
- The Guest Room features lovely colonial proportions with a 20' hand painted vaulted ceiling and stunning antique chandelier
- Dramatic iron windows which frame the garden
- Other features include: floor- to -ceiling custom bookshelves, stone fireplace with dramatic mirror,
- Queen size bed with fine linens.
- Good size closet and safety box.
- The guest bath is fully tiled with shower and single sink, all new plumbing and fixtures.
LIVING ROOM (SALA) WITH DINING AREA
One approaches the second floor via a contemporary iron stairway with a dramatic "living-Wall (planted). The commanding view upon entering the living and dining room is a dramatic 180 degree expanse of historic tree canopy. The flow from interior to the exterior terrace is seamless when the window wall is stacked and fully open to the terrace, along the entire length of the room. Impressive large-scale paintings of flora frame the living room and add another layer to the nature theme. A glass mosaic fireplace wall houses a contemporary fireplace and maintains a cozy warmth in winter. The 2nd floor living space take full advantage of light, airiness and the setting among the trees.
The ALL new contemporary kitchen features custom cabinetry inspired by European pantries, stone counters and a lovely hand painted tile floor, with top quality appliances and fixtures. The kitchen has a private terrace, commanding a wonderful view of the Dome of Los Monjas.
LAUNDRY AND GUEST BATH
-Laundry Room and Guest Bath are located off the kitchen on the 2nd floor
The roof has fabulous views over the town with particular views of the church of San Juan Del Dios, and the Dome of Los Monjas.
We have a herb/spices garden for your availability.Get the full listing »