Drift off to sleep at night listening to the gentle waves and swaying palm trees. Then wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Sea of Cortez and enjoy the resident birds throughout the day. If you are a couple, or group of 3 looking for a peaceful, clean, and private vacation spot away from the bustle of town, yet close enough to enjoy the shops, restaurants, and activities that Los Barriles has to offer; this is the place for you.
Located right on the beach about 3 miles north of town, this property sits on a small serene bay in a desirable residential neighborhood. You can swim, sunbathe, beach walk, run, snorkel, kayak, stand-up paddle board, fish, windsurf, and kite board without having to drive anywhere. Or just hangout and listen to the waves. As the owners of this home, we have been taking advantage of these activities for 28 years and are confident that anyone who enjoys being on the ocean in an indoor/outdoor environment will be very happy here.
The property has 3 buildings, all easily accessible to each other:
- Master Bedroom Building:
This is a large bedroom with a very comfy king bed, sitting area, TV (no dish or cable), large bathroom with walk-in shower, and a walk-in closet. There are great views of the ocean and a covered brick patio.
- Kitchen Building:
The spacious Kitchen is well-appointed with tile floors, wooden cabinets, tile countertops, island, and a ceiling fan. It is fully equipped with a 4-burner gas range over an electric oven, standard sized refrigerator, toaster, microwave, pots, pans, cooking utensils, plates, bowls, silverware, cutlery, etc... There is also a gas grill just outside of the Kitchen on the patio. There is no dishwasher.
- Guest Bunk Room:
This room is only 7' x 14'-6" including the bunkbeds, queen bed, and dresser. So there is little floor space left. But the room has a lot of character, with the built-in beds, tile floor, hand-cut ceiling beams, and a ceiling fan. Best for one person; but will work for a couple that don't mind close quarters. You step down into this room from the Kitchen through a screened sliding glass door. There is an ocean view from this room. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $25/DAY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST.
- Guest Bathroom/Laundry:
This is a full Bath with roomy walk-in shower. The Washer, Dryer, Hot Water Tank, and Water Treatment Equipment are also in this room. It is in the Kitchen Building, but accessed through an open hallway.
- Living/Dining Room Patio:
You step out of the Kitchen onto this area, which is a covered patio with great ocean views through our palm garden. It has outdoor lighting, a couch and some chairs, and the dining table. A great place to hangout day or night.
- The Garage Building is connected to the Master Bedroom Building and provides some privacy for the MBR and Patio. We will be storing our personal items in the Garage, and it will be not be available to our guests.
- The Property:
The property is a large 1/2 acre lot, walled on 4 sides with palm trees, some citrus, native palo verde trees, and other vegetation, plants, and flowers. The rock walls are hand-built with local boulders; a dying craft.The beach wall is low and does not cut into the ocean view.
There are locally made pavers on the driveway that provide off-road parking. A groundskeeper comes in once a week for half a day to rake and clean the property. Step right onto a sandy beach from the property.
Activities that you can do right from the Casa:
- Beach Walk: step right off the property onto the beach and start walking. You can walk on the beach all the way to town and beyond if you want; but only about a half mile to the north.
- Run or Exercise Walk: Just go up the hill beyond the property and turn right on the old coastal road, which has great views and a nice mix of flat and hills. This road is not well travelled and stays along the coast for about 12 miles before going slightly inland. This is a great morning run or walk.
- Sunbathe: There is always good sand on the beach right in front of our property. This beach is very low-key; usually only used by neighbors.
- Swim: Very safe swimming year-round. Best in the morning when it is calm and crystal clear. Bring booties or water shoes if you have them, since you will likely have to walk over some round rocks to get into the water
- Snorkel: Several good spots that you can swim to; or paddle a kayak north to more good spots. Best in the morning.
- Kayak: Just carry ours down to the beach and put 'em in. Again, best in the morning before the wind picks up.
- Stand Up Paddle: Another morning activity. You can rent them in town and have them delivered.
- Windsurf or Kiteboard. I have a launch ring on the beach right in front; then enter the water a couple of lots to the north. In general, the conditions can be a little better in town, particularly on very windy NWN winds; but the water out here is prettier, and no crowds.Typically more of an onshore/sideshore wind
- Shorefish. Some people do it in our bay. Bring your own gear, or we think you can rent some in town.
There is always sea life going on. We often have whales, dolphins, rays, sea turtles that actually nest on the beach, sea lions, and countless fish and other creatures. If you are doing anything in the water, you will see something, for sure.
So come and be our guests at our little piece of paradise.Get the full listing »