If you're visiting Merida at the end of October, Casa del Arte is the perfect home to enjoy the traditional Festival of the Souls. You will be one block away from the main parade route and display of altars.
This festival is a walk with people dressed in a traditional attire, along the way you will find musical events, artistic representations, and readings of stories and legends, with food stands serving Yucatecan food. Dress up and join the parade!
Live the fantasy of a glamourous expat life in the Yucatán! Gorgeous colonial details in a home with space, privacy—and its own pool.
This quaint historic neighborhood immerses you in the rhythms of Mérida. Unlike a hotel stay, a visit at Casa Del Arte gives you the full Yucatecan experience.
Embrace the local style of indoor/outdoor living. Throw open the antique wooden doors to let breezes flow through the home.
Rooms stay cool thanks to high ceilings and traditional floors made of vivid pasta tile. The best place to dine is the covered patio, with a wall of decorative wrought iron doors opening onto the courtyard.
That’s where you’ll find your own private pool—so great for families with children, who can swim anytime they want.
No need to worry about noise here!
The home’s interior is a lesson in colonial style, with graceful arched doorways, pastel earth tone finishes on the walls, and bright bold tile floors.
The colonial kitchen has every modern convenience, so cooking is easy. The two huge bedrooms both have private ensuite bathrooms. Washer/dryer is included.
WHY STAY WITH REMIXTO?
Experience Yucatecan life in a handpicked home from Remixto.
As hosts who love the Yucatan and our unique portfolio of homes, we want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer every Remixto guest high-quality hospitality, including:
- An in-person welcome, so we can answer any of your questions about the home, grounds and neighborhood.
- Dedicated concierge assistance at your fingertips, including airport pickups and transportation to beaches, archeological ruins, nature tours, and more.
- A treasure trove of advice and tips for getting the most out of your stay. Local shopping, dining, nightlife, sightseeing: we don't recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- A home environment that reflects the diversity and unique history of Yucatecan culture, plus hotel-quality linens and toiletries in every home.
We are Remixto Historic, the premiere vacation home specialist of the Yucatan peninsula.
Our colonial style-meets-modern convenience homes are hand-selected for their unique character and ability to transport our guest to an authentically Yucatecan vacation experience
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2.- Reservations may be booked up until 11:00am local time on the day of check in. Reservations received after 11:00am local time may be subject to cancellation if they cannot be accommodated. The house will be ready up to six hours after a reservation confirmation has been received.
3. At check in, you will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
4. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. Electricity is metered per kWh and the meter will be read at check-in and check-out to determine usage. The cost per kWh is based on the rate assessed on the prior bill and is subject to change. For current rate info, please ask. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
5. A credit card authorization using a valid Visa or MasterCard is required at check in. Charges will be made to the credit card unless payment is processed through another form.
6. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
7. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.
9. This home is currently for sale and there is a chance that a real estate agent will want to show the house to prospective buyers during your stay. We will provide at least 24 hours notice and ask that the house be tidy during the showingGet the full listing »