***BOOK ONLINE NOW FOR INSTANT CONFIRMATION***
WHY STAY HERE?
Located in the Sierra del Tigre La Vieja Casona Hotel Spa & Chalets is in a picturesque eco-preserve with traditional architecture and very personal attention making it an ideal vacation spot for relaxing days with family and friends, groups and meetings.
Our hotel, has 13 chalets offering different finishes and sizes that are ready to provide your family with a relaxing and memorabe experience. Located in the center of the historic town La Manzanilla de la Paz our hoyel and spa will provide you with a unique experience.
The concept of our resort is a traditional style with large open spaces making you feel right at home. We are located in the center of town and offer access to many acres of land to explore and hike. You can find all types of shops in close proximity to La Vieja including grocery stores and restaurants.
Our large resort offers numerous outdoor activities as well as recreational activities. We have an Ecotourism Development which you can access free of charge, with rope courses, soccer fields, tracks for bicycling and motorcycles (requires that the client take them or rent in advance), cabins with grills, restrooms, showers, a treehouse, a petting farm, gardens and boat access including a covered outdoor pool (Pool is open seasonally between May and September).
We also offer our guests access to an adrenaline-filled adventure on our two zip lines that go over our beautiful landscape ensuring any adventurist a wild ride, one is 87 yards long and the other 131 yards with just a $6 dollar charge.
ABOUT THE AREA
La Manzanilla de la Paz is a small town in the Sierra del Tigre, located 65 miles from Guadalajara (In Las Aguilas) close to Lake Chapala and about 72 miles from the airport. The Hotel Spa La Vieja Casona and Chalets is located on the main square next to the historic temple and the City Hall.
The nearby attractions in the center of town consist of the St. Michael Archangel Parish, the Chapel of Our Lady of the slab, the municipal market and the linear park that accompanied the Passion River leading to the dam of the Draft. They offer tours that can all be done by foot. At the market in town, there are several dining options, including restaurants serving the traditional meal “Boat”, a stew made of pulque, corn, vegetables, beef, pork and chicken.
Just 2.5 miles from town you will find the ecotourism corridor. This outdoor activity park offers something for everyone in your group. Whether you go to The Lookout Cerro Pelón to go hiking and siteseeing or go to nearby Lake Chapala for an afternoon of swimming and relaxing you will be sure to find something just right for you. If you want to taste some delicious authentic food, be sure to visit the town of Cascade Cruz de Tierra just a couple of miles from the resort for a meal to remember.
The Ecotourism development is 2.5 miles from the resort, where you can picnic, bike, rent ATV’s and participate in recreational activities such as track, football, soccer and much more.
At the Presa El Chiflon reservoir there are many fun games and activities available for your leisure such as the traditional game of gotcha. We advise that you make reservations for water activities and games before arriving to the resort as they are very popular and may not be available for your use without reservations.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Our check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is at 1:00 pm. If you are looking for early check in please contact us and depending on flexibility we will try our best to accommodate your needs. Late check out is also dependent on availability so please check with the front desk prior to your check-out date.
- We require a $6 dollar deposit for both the chalet key and kitchen equipment, which is refundable upon check-out. We also have a beautiful terrace perfect for retreats, gatherings, and events, which is available by reservation.
- We require a minimum of a two night stay in our Chalets
- Minimum age required to check in is 21 years.
- A credit card security deposit of $100 is required at check-in
- Master Card and Visa accepted
- All accommodations are non smoking.
The La Vieja Casona Spa is located in the main building and we offer a variety of spa packages and treatments, which are available by reservation with our concierge.
- If you are bringing a pet, please contact us at VacayStay Reservations to confirm if rooms are available and secure your reservation
- There is an airport shuttle that is available for you to take into La Manzanilla de la Paz. The shuttle departs every hour from the bus line Mazamitla from New Central of Guadalajara and is located in the last platform. The shuttle is three hours and will drop you in the center of town, just 10 minutes from La Vieja Casona.
- For your convenience we offer free parking, complimentary coffee, WiFi available in certain areas and access to a free Ecotourism Development. If you need fire wood for your chalet, the first bundle is free of charge anything after that can be purchased at the front desk.
- Please check listing for additional information
ABOUT THE SPACE
Our large 2 bedroom chalets with lofts are two floors and have 1.5 bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room with cable tv, a fireplace, a patio and terrace and they comfortably sleep a maximum of 10 guests. All of the units come with free parking and are under surveillance for your protection ensuring you a carefree vacation.
All of our chalets come with cooking untensils that will be provided to you upon check in at the front desk. Please note that we only provide you with the basics and if you require a specific utensil or cooking device please plan accordingly or contact us and we will let you know if it is available.
For our vacationers who do not want to cook, we have a restaurant open every night from 6:00 to midnight. We also offer a breakfast buffet on Sundays, and depending on availability we feature a 3 day food buffet option you can purchase at the time of check in.
Rates subject to change.
Click "Book it Now" for rates and availability.Get the full listing »