Part of a former tobacco farm (with oldest tobacco barns in St. Mary's County) located directly on the beautiful Patuxent River. The river is about 2 miles wide in front of house and has very little boat traffic. Crabbing and fishing directly off private dock. Electric boat lift available. Private beach is ideal for tanning, swimming or kayaking. Property is private, well landscaped and level so it's ideal for volleyball or other yard activities. Includes a large swing set.
New, large in-ground pool (17' x 40') with automatic pool cover along with charming adjoining pool house/barn with overhand for shade. Pool includes a tanning area, 4' deep at shallow end extending to about 8' deep. Very private and overlooks river with 180 degree views.
Very unique antique timberframe home with 5 large bedrooms and 3 1/2 large bathrooms:
- 1 bedroom on ground level
- 4 bedrooms on second level along with an alcove room
- 3 1/2 large bathrooms; 1 bathroom and powder room on ground level and 2 on second level
- huge (12' x 30') water-facing dining room with fireplace (including antique farm table that sits over 20 people),
- large (24' x 24') water-facing living room with beamed ceiling and fireplace,
- large (12' x 30') water-facing kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, bar seating, huge farm sink,
- small office overlooking pool/water,
- laundry room with new large-capacity washer, dryer, sink
- huge (12' x 55') water-facing screened porch with screened gazebo
- covered porch on farm side
- front entrance with charming pergola
- basement with small bathroom
- On ground level and separated from living room area, a large (15' x 20') water-facing bedroom with queen bed and office area and large (8' x 15') tiled bathroom with large roll-in shower.
- On second level separated from other areas, are two charming large bedrooms with cathedral ceilings; a master bedroom (12' x 22') facing water and pool with queen bed, walk-out balcony and bedroom (11' x 22') with queen bed and a built-in single bed facing farm, pool and water including large bank of windows for air, light, and views. Huge connecting tiled bathroom with 2 sinks, 6' walk-in shower, toilet room, and soaking tub surrounded by windows overlooking pool and water.
- Separate from other bedrooms are two additional upstairs bedrooms facing the water; each with cathedral ceilings and queen beds along with a hallway built-in single bed. These rooms are connected with a large tiled bathroom with double sinks, shower, and large soaking tub.
Floor Plan and Other Features
Floor plan is very open. Kitchen is situated between living room and dining room. Screened porch connects to all main living areas including dining room, kitchen and living room.
Most areas of house have overhang porches and a cross ventilation layout which takes advantage of the Patuxent River breezes. Every room has a ceiling fan (along with 3 zone central air conditioning).
House has a lot of character with antique timber frame construction throughout, old pine floors, fireplaces, large windows, and wood molding.Get the full listing »