Break away from your usual vacation plans to the 'Geezer's Hideout,' a charming 3-bed, 2-bath vacation rental home south of McCloud. With enough space to sleep 6 outdoor enthusiasts, this 1,344-square-foot mountain abode offers a comfortably furnished interior, wood-burning stove, and a deck with an outdoor dining area and gas grill. Explore the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, kayak in the on-site stream, or ski at the Mt. Shasta Ski Park from this Northern California home-away-from-home!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
Nestled in a sea of towering pine trees, this lovely California mountain house boasts a tastefully furnished interior and is perfect for a group of family or close friends. Spend your days exploring the surrounding mountains by foot or ski and enjoy afternoon cocktails by the stream afterward.
Start your morning with a cup of hot coffee on the plush living room sofa and wait for your loved ones to roll out of bed. The open-concept interior of this home offers plenty of comfortable furnishings, tall ceilings, and fun mountain-themed decor!
Before you head out the door, whip up an omelet breakfast in the fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, a full rack of spices, and all the cooking essentials for your favorite recipes. Enjoy your meal at the 6-person dining table inside or dine al fresco at the picnic table on the deck!
The exterior amenities of this property are nothing short of fantastic with a spacious deck, gas grill, and a stream running parallel to the home. In the summertime, it's a blast to try and kayak down the Squaw Valley Creek but always be cautious of the water levels. If it's too chilly for the stream, head inside and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa by the wood-burning stove in the living room to eliminate those winter chills!
Finish off the night by turning on your favorite movie on the flat-screen cable TV in the living room and making some microwave popcorn! Each of the 3 comfortably furnished bedrooms has a queen bed and plenty of closet space to keep your clothes looking wrinkle-free!
-- THE LOCATION --
The 'Geezer's Hideout' sits directly on the Squaw Valley Creek (ideal for kayaking) and is the perfect spot for any nature enthusiasts. You'll be just over 2 miles from the entrance to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest and the notorious Pacific Crest Trail which stretched from Canada to Mexico!
When you're not dining at the house, be sure to drive 8 minutes into the quaint town of McCloud to enjoy a meal at one of the delicious small-town eateries. Some top local options include the McCloud Meat Market and Tavern, Sage Restaurant at the McCloud Hotel, and Floyd's Frosty.
Ski enthusiasts love the quick 21-minute drive to reach the Mt. Shasta Ski Park in the wintertime. The trailhead for hiking up the 14,179-foot tall Mt. Shasta is just over 30 miles from your door as well and a fantastic hike for the summer. McCloud also is home to a variety of different festivals throughout the year such as their annual Mushroom Festival held each memorial day weekend.
Some other ideas for fun include taking a day trip to the Oregon wine region up north, exploring the Klamath National Forest, or spending the day on Shasta Lake located just over an hour away!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and spices, rustically furnished interior, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, wood-burning fireplace, en-suite bathroom, a deck with a picnic table and views of the stream, an on-site stream, gas grill, a flat-screen cable TV, and more
- Fantastic McCloud location - Just 8 minutes from the heart of town, a 21-minute drive from the Mt. Shasta Ski Park, 30 miles from the trailhead for Mt. Shasta, 2 miles from the entrance to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, and close to a variety of delicious local restaurants, shopping, music venues, golf courses, and more!
- Airport: Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport - 1000 Terminal Loop Parkway, Medford, OR 97504, ( ~ 106 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note the property is not suitable for children under the age of 12
- Must be at least 27 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »