Serene and Chic retreat in the western Catskills.
-Just 2 1/2 hours from NYC
- Complete privacy on 2 full acres in the mountains at the end of a country road.
- It feels even larger because the house sits atop a nice huge yard with a beautiful x large evergreen trees planted strategically 60+ years ago. On the other side, Is the original 1830s stone fence marking dairy farm territory, and behind that is The Historic Hubbard farm’s rocky bluff (no house in sight - It’s on the other side of the bluff), and never ending woods, wildflowers and thickets all around you.
Open Mountain Views
Water sounds of the rushing Batavia Creek
-Spectacular hiking, walking, kayaking, row boating, skiing, swimming, sledding, antiquing, and chilling at home (reading tanning and cooking) and Country Drives in the western Catskills are amazing.
-Driving on country road 36 @Denver Vega valley road is must. Keep gps on all time. Drive slow explore.
- Close to Belleayre and Plattekill Ski Centers Equidistant to both - perfect
fire pit, hammock, wood swing and BBQ on the large deck
-A nice public golf courses and an unexpected practice fairway along rout 30 that seems to be in the “never to rarely” used category, makes it even more quaint. Also an historic antique train ride Is awesome if you time it right in Arkville.
- $50 pet fee. Please let us know if you're bringing a pet.
- Cozy wood-burning stove that helps to heat home on the coldest days. It works very well. Fire pit, horseshoe game, football, frisbee, hammock, wood swing, Adirondack chairs
- Close to Margaretville, Roxbury, Arkville, Andes, Pine Hill, Phoenicia, and Woodstock. Great restaurants, nature and culture all around you plus a large supermarket very nearby makes this vacation home the ideal Catskill getaway.
The house features three private bedrooms. Queen bed in the giant upstairs loft with an en-suite windowed bathroom; full-size beds in both guest bedrooms with a full bath. All three bedrooms were recently painted, have cozy down duvets and extra soft white large bath towels are provided to make you feel pampered.
There is a large comfy brand new L shape couch with a queen bed pull out in the living room, and a full size floor mattress fits in the dining room or the upstairs loft. The living and dining rooms have gorgeous wide plank heart of pine floors, and the kitchen has travertine tile floors.
Beautifully renovated eat-in kitchen with lovely wood counters, four burner gas range and a deep undermount sink. The four sided windowed-kitchen with stools is open to both the dining and living rooms and is definitely made for the chef in your group!
Three kayaks for you to use: (2 adult one child) incredible wawawka kayaking center just 5 minutes away.
There is WiFi and a high def TV with a Roku Box (Netflix YouTube Hulu etc), sound bar and sub woofer, plus 3 Vizio large portable speakers that will connect to your phone, laptop or tablet.
Note: while the house normally stays cool throughout the summer, there are window ac units in both bedrooms for the extra hot days.
Our housekeeper, Carrie, offers the option of a food and supply service. If you're interested, she can deliver prepared food or groceries, and any other items that you'd like to have in the house for your visit. She also bakes beautiful cakes if you are having a special occasion.
Interaction with guests
Guests have complete privacy, but please feel free to contact us. Anything you need, just ask and we'll answer quickly. You'll have our cell phone numbers, so you can text or call.
Note: ski deal is for Plattekill- Sunday’s free when you ski Saturday except holiday weekends when you get 10 percent off lift ticket, 7 and under always free.Get the full listing »