• Rooftop chillout with sunbeds
• Dining with 4 Grille Gas BBQ
• Stargaze & Soak in 1930’s outdoor tub
• Enjoy movies / Xbox on our 2-metre projection screen in the media room.
• 3 Superking Wide Double Bedrooms each with their own Ensuite bathroom
• Our Master Suite has a single sofa bed for families & its own back garden
• One Double Sofa bed - House sleeps 9 in total
• Family Kitchen & Dining
• 150MB Internet + Work Zone
• Original Art
• Lux Linens
• 2 Smart TVs
• FREE Netflix
• Amazon Echo + Music
• Air Conditioned Throughout + Underfloor Heat
• Baby Cot, Highchair, Baby Plates and Cutlery makes travel easy.
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME IN MALTA.
My air-conditioned, underfloor heated, spacious 3 bedroom thirties Art Deco townhouse is the result of a 3 year loving restoration of a British Military family home in the heart of Sliema’s urban conservation zone. It's packed with original features including original stained glass windows and Maltese floor tiles that we have restored one pane and tile at a time which are unique & irreplaceable.
• The best location – The house is superbly located just a short walk to Sliema centre and the ferry to Valetta. Its also 5 minutes walk to Balluta bay and all that St Julian’s has to offer.
• Surrounded by great restaurants and bars to suit all tastes, from the best Maltese and Sicilian home cuisine to the best French bakery to the east of Paris to the best Sushi to the most amazing vegan and vegetarian food, Sliema has it all.
• The most amazing place to relax, reconnect and recharge with friends and family.
• Just a stone’s throw from the famous Sliema seafront promenade, the house opens a window into life in earlier times but is totally updated and ready for luxury 21st-century living.
• Restored for modern living this Summer, everything is brand new and sparkling clean.
• Filled with custom-made furniture, original art painted by my friend & artist Monica, and packed with fun gadgets to ensure everyone has an amazing trip.
• In total a massive 240sq metre space which welcomes friends and families or work colleagues travelling together.
Ideal for those who crave a relaxing and luxurious place to stay which is a world apart from “me too” chain hotels and disappointing holiday accommodation elsewhere.
Luxury and being eco-friendly can go together - we have made the restoration an eco-house, boosting insulation for sound & heat, as well as harvesting rainwater for toilets and solar power for piping hot water and underfloor heating plus eco air conditioning.
RELAX IN LUXURY
①Superking 180cm / 6ft wide double beds in all three bedrooms. Master bedroom also doubles as a family room as the sofa becomes a single sofa bed.
② Blackout blinds or shutters in all bedrooms.
③ Luxury Linens to dream the night away.
④ Luxury Rituals Amenities - Shower Gel, Handwash, Shampoo and Conditioner.
⑤ Walk in Power Showers in all 3 ensuite bathrooms and a large bath beneath the stars in the lightwell with privacy guaranteed by our specially commissioned stained glass privacy screen.
⑥ Dry off with Large Fluffy Luxury bath towels.
⑦ Air Conditioning in all areas, including the Kitchen (very rare in Malta).
⑧ Media Lounge sofa can convert to a double sofa bed to sleep a total of 9 people.
①Media Lounge with Massive Two Meter Voice Controlled Projection Screen with Smart Projector and FREE Netflix. Popcorn Maker and Popcorn for Movie night!
② XBOX with 2 controllers in the Media Lounge stocked with Games for various ages.
③ 55 inch Smart TV with FREE NETFLIX & OnDemand TV in Lounge
④ 49 inch Smart TV also FREE NETFLIX & OnDemand TV in the Master Bedroom
⑤ Three Amazon Echo units in the Kitchen, Master Bedroom and Media Lounge - Stream 50 million+ songs FREE using included Amazon Music Unlimited
①No stress travelling with your baby or toddler so everyone enjoys the trip.
② Baby Cot, Baby High Chair, Baby Plates and Cutlery are all ready and waiting
③ Toys and CBBC / Kids Netflix / Roku with kids channels
Family Fun for everyone
①XBOX ONE with two controllers loaded with games appropriate to various age groups.
② Traditional family board games including Monopoly & Scrabble.
③ Toys box with a range of fun things to occupy little ones
④ Beach towels
Fully Equipped Kitchen
① Bosch Fridge Freezer,
② Bosch Induction Cooker / Hob,
③ Bosch Full size Oven and 2nd Bosch Microwave / Oven with Grill.
④ Bosch Dishwasher
⑤ Hoover 8KG Washer / Dryer
⑥ Nespresso Machine, Toaster, Kettle, Pop Corn Maker and more…
Business Ready / Staying in Touch
①150mb (Real download speed) Fibre to the router Internet & Strong WIFI Throughout
② Work area with two desks with UK, Euro and US plug sockets plus charging station & cables for Apple and Android phones.
③ HP Laser Printer with Cloud Print and Wifi Direct Printing.
④ Security Safe large enough to store large tablets and laptops
⑤ Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide detectors throughout.
Getting Ready for your Big Night Out
①Iron & Ironing Board
② Three Powerful Hairdryers
③ Large Golf umbrellas for use during your stay in case there is a shower.
You will have 100% private use of the whole house which is set over three floors, including the back garden, the lightwell outdoor bathroom, both of which are part of the ground floor master suite, as well as both terraces on level 2 and the roof chillout zone.
I host because I love helping people discover the beauty and enchantment of the Maltese islands. More than anything, I give my guests the opportunity to experience life the way we do as locals. In this house particularly, you will get a window in the world of 1930's Art Deco Malta.
I respond quickly via the HomeAway and VRBO apps, on Messaging Apps and by phone if you have any questions.
We will normally be here to welcome you personally when you arrive but I also provide self-check-in via your personal door code if you are arriving late.
Sliema was the first seaside resort in Malta, where Valetta residents in the 19th century went to get a break from the city ! In the 1920’s, it developed as the British military expanded their use of Malta as a strategic base in the Med.
It was at this time that our street was built and the townhouse built. It was leased to a British officer and his family who lived there for two generations.
Now it finds itself in the heart of the urban conservation zone as Sliema looks to protect its history and heritage for future generations.
I've left a tablet in my place paced with suggestions of things to do and great places to eat.
Everything is in walking distance in Sliema, but you can also explore using Bolt (Malta’s answer to Uber), App based and offers the best priced trips compared to traditional taxi’s.
On two wheels, NextBike offer app based bike rental from adjacent Dingly Street and you can drop or pickup bikes at a large number of stations along the seafront and through to Valetta, either pay per use or buy a daily or weekly pass during your stay.
You can rent a car from Hertz & other usual suspects from a 5-10 min walk from the house, or why not try the Car Sharing system GoTo Malta (app based) which allows you to rent an electric car by the minute.Get the full listing »