Romantic holiday accommodation in a graceful period house within the walls of Valletta - a World Heritage City on the island of Malta. This 16th century holiday home has been carefully restored, keeping all its charming features.
Valletta G-House's location, close to the historic Fort St Elmo, is about the unadulterated experience of local way of life. This pioneering holiday home has been featured for its beauty in magazines and voted travel writer's choice by both the Guardian Travel Section and by Lonely Planet Guide.
Valletta G-House is on three floors (see plan on pictures) and has a spacious double bedroom (4.9m x 5.8m) with a traditional Maltese wooden balcony, a sitting/TV room (4.9m x 2.8m), a fully equipped kitchen/dining room (3.6m x 4.6m) and a shower/WC (4.5m x 0.9m).
Using the house as your base, discover the city built by the Knights of St John back in 1565, with its palaces, churches, restaurants, cafes and interesting little shops, all within walking distance.
• If you wish we pick you up at the airport at the start of your stay (€25).
• The house manager and a special welcome pack will greet you at arrival.
• Ideal for romantic escapes.
• 3 night minimum stay.
• Not suitable for children.
"a chic apartment in a 16th century with original features" Elle Magazine
"It's one of the finest apartments I've ever seen." - The Guardian Travel Section
"It can't be beaten for romance." - DK Eyewitness Top 10 guidebook
Important Information to read before booking.
1. Adults only. Not suitable for children and those under 20 years of age.
2. No pets are allowed.
3. No smoking.
4. Height restriction. The shower in Valletta G-House is 1.8m (5'9") in height.
5. Bathroom (4.5m x 0.9m) is not at the same level of the bedroom (please see plan in pictures).
6. Heating/AC. Houses in Malta are not centrally heated. Although VGH provides heaters, for those staying in the winter period it is advisable to pack warm clothes accordingly. There is no air-condition but we do provide fans for the summer months.
7. Stairs. The property is on three levels linked by the original stone staircases. These can be irregular and care should be taken when using.
8. Humidity. Old Maltese buildings can be humid particularly in winter due to the porous nature of Maltese stone. Although extractors have been fitted in the lower floor of the house, airing of rooms is necessary through opening windows regularly.
9. Electricity. Electricity is included in the price.
10. The Holidaymaker is responsible for the safekeeping of the keys to Valletta G-House during the period of occupation. Keys must be left behind as will be instructed at a later stage. It is essential to lock the main door and close all windows when not in the property.
11.Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any problem or cause for complaint it is essential that you contact our house manager immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.Get the full listing »