Please click on "REQUEST TO BOOK" ONLY for a Saturday to Saturday stay. For all others, click on "SEND A MESSAGE" and tell us about your needs, or call 1 310 457 0444 first. Thank you.
If you are looking for the ultimate Los Angeles romantic celebrity villa, close to everything, yet quiet and peaceful, look no further than this magnificent home, once the residence of a Hollywood star.
This stunning property, in a quiet street lined with mature trees, is the ideal accommodation for families or friends looking for a spacious, elegant residence, close to Los Angeles business districts, entertainment centers and attractions, and yet quiet, safe and peaceful.
The house' has a 2 car garage, suitable for (1) up to 16' and (1) up to 19' car. There is almost always street parking in front of or near the house.
This 1920 villa is situated in a wonderful area of LA called "MidCity Village":
- 1 mile to the super-hip, newly opened Culver City "Platform" shopping complex.
- 2 miles to Beverly Hills, the Beverly Center shopping center,", The Grove” retail and entertainment complex, Whole Foods Market, the historical LA Farmers Market, and the LACMA Museum of Art.
- 3 miles to downtown Culver City
- 4 miles to the Sony Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 6 miles to downtown LA and the Staples Center (Lakers and Clippers)
- 8 easy miles, via the 10, to Santa Monica, Venice, and the beaches.
COMFORTABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR UP TO 8 GUESTS
You will immediately feel at home and at peace inside this house, and you will appreciate the elegance of the décor and be impressed by the quietness of the house. It was fully remodeled in 2015, while preserving the original charm, and has all the modern comfort and amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
Make yourself at home in the impressive living room, with 12 ft vaulted ceilings, an arched large bay window, and inlaid oak floors. Relax in the comfortable sofa and love seat. Chill in front of the electric fireplace. Watch TV on the 60" 4K UltraHD Smart TV.
Enjoy dinners with friends and family in the formal dining room, with a 12ft vaulted ceiling. The 1930s dining table and the antique French country chairs seat 8 comfortably.
A PEACEFUL SETTING, WITH GREAT ENERGY AND AMENITIES
Enter the well-equipped kitchen, with solid walnut counters, a stainless steel fridge, a stainless steel range with convection-oven, and a commercial-grade stainless steel sink. On the left of the kitchen, the laundry room with a large stacked washer/dryer and, next to it, a powder room.
Relax in the spacious master bedroom with a queen size wrought iron bed with a Posturepedic mattress, a large antique pine armoire and a walk-in closet. In the en-suite master bathroom, enjoy the Victorian claw-foot tub, or get refreshed in the marble shower, or at the double vanity with Carrara marble top. The master bedroom has its own 48" HD TV.
Your guests or family will enjoy the bedroom #2, with a full-size wrought iron bed, a cedar-lined closet and an antique mahogany secretary desk.
Bedroom #3, with a twin captain's bed and a high "pyramid" ceiling, is wonderfully cozy and cute.
Bedroom #4 doubles as a media room. During the day, watch your favorite shows on the 48” HDTV. At night, the sofa transforms into a comfortable full-size bed.
There is a detached home office in the garden, with cathedral ceilings, French doors, a lovely view of the greenery, A/C and heat.
All rooms have central heat and A/C, and all bedrooms have a ceiling fan. The thermostat, security system and stereo can be controlled from an iPhone. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Most windows facing the (very quiet) street are double-or triple-pane.
RELAX IN THE LOW-WATER GARDEN, WITH PERGOLA & HOT TUB
Enter the garden from the master bedroom, or from the media room, and enjoy the mature bougainvillea, magnolia tree and lemon tree and the low-water landscaping.
Chill in the hot tub, or sit with friends and family at the table under the pergola for an al-fresco lunch or dinner. You will feel like you are in the countryside, yet close to all urban attractions.
THE GARAGE MAY BE AVAILABLE-- AND THERE IS PLENTY OF STREET PARKING
In the back of the garden, a door leads into the private garage with one space for a car up to 16' and one for a car up to 19'. There is also plenty of free street parking right outside the house.
WHAT GUESTS SAY
"Coming from New York, we had no idea that you could be in the middle of LA and still live so close to nature. Even though the house has a low water garden, it feels lush with the magnolia and lemon tree and the bougainvillea is magical. We had breakfast and dinner under the gazebo. The house is very comfortable, with central heat and air, and it is very quiet. No street noise, no noise from neighbors. Our children spent a lot of time in the Jacuzzi under the big lemon tree. This is a very clean, refined, comfortable place. Andrea S., New York
" My husband, myself and our 2 grown children were in town for a week for a convention. We really liked this place. We love the soaring ceilings in the grand living room. The dining room is made for dining in style and the kitchen has everything we needed to cook terrific meals. The garden is wonderful. Very quiet, private, with gazebo and Jacuzzi. And we never heard the neighbors. A great plus was having a garage because it’s difficult to find parking in LA. We hope to be back."
Camilla L., London, UK
" This place is a throwback to the days of Hollywood elegance. It has been meticulously restored and now has all the modern comfort. We enjoyed the great living room, and were happy that the dining room has seating for 8 since we have friends in LA and it was easy to throw a dinner party. There is plenty of pots and pans and tableware in the kitchen. The beds are very comfortable. The host takes good care. It is a very quiet neighborhood. Perfect house to stay with the family or to entertain business guests."
Simon C., Montreal, Canada
KEY RESIDENCE FEATURES
- Spacious, elegant home, centrally located: 2 miles from Beverly Hills and the Grove retail and entertainment center, close to Hollywood, Universal Studios, downtown LA, and easy access to Santa Monica and Venice.
- Fully equipped gourmet kitchen with solid walnut counters, stainless steel modern fridge, stainless steel gas range with convection oven
- Electric fireplace, gas grill, (1) 60” flat 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, (2) 48" flat screen HD TVs, Wi-Fi , heated hot tub, in-unit washer-dryer, and much more.
- Master bedroom: queen size bed
- Bedroom #2: full size bed
- Bedroom #3: full size sofa sleeper
- Bedroom #4: twin size captain’s bed
- Living room: twin size folding bed
- Children welcome
- No smoking inside the house
- Pets accepted with Owner's approval, $90 pet cleaning fee
- Some social functions may involve an additional maintenance fee (see booking agreement)
- Long-term renters welcome
- Must be 22 years old to book
- Additional fees and the 14% Los Angeles vacation rental tax may apply.
We are glad to provide a detailed quote.Get the full listing »