Included amenities: Wifi, iPhone, Welcome Pack, Toiletries, Area Tips, Cleaning, Fridge Fill Service, Cafetiere, 24/7 Support.
If legendary architects Buff and Hensman planted the seed of this home, your host supplied the tender loving care. Despite its well-executed beginning, years of careless renovation had resulted in a tangle of inconvenient beams and misplaced skylights, and it was the current host who spent two years restoring it to its former architectural glory—and then some. We predict, upon passing through its tall gates, you might let out a long, sharp gasp. But from this surprisingly peaceful and secluded location, can you be sure it made a sound?
Reclaimed wooden panels line both the inside and outside, stippled with nature’s paintbrush – soft green lichen, burnt orange steel rust. And the warmth is complemented by tasteful designer furnishings in hues of tan, like the den’s leather armchair and the living room’s unusually angular coffee table.:
When searching for pastures new, your host – an entrepreneur working in men’s fashion – wanted a place with enough light to aid his creative process, and enough space to entertain. And though the 24-foot, walnut-topped counter was his own addition, this architecturally impressive home with its retractable walls certainly doesn’t lack sunshine.
Despite its mid-century aesthetic, Buff and Hensman House is anything but dated. James Bond’s Q would be proud of the master bedroom’s remote-operated blackout shades and lights, and there’s even a couple of showers outside, too. The vibrant blue, heated pool gleams opposite, surrounded by a huge patio and wood-hewn seating options. And both inside and outside you’ll find no detail has been overlooked – even the air conditioning grills have been camouflaged with wood-effect paintwork, and every light fixture is either custom-made or upcycled. There’s a distinctly airy feel to its two storeys, owing to the open-plan design and walls lined with pocket doors onto the stunning garden. And though you might find it hard, do uproot yourself and head to the vibrant bars, eateries and boutiques of the Hollywood Hills, or the rural peace of Runyon Canyon.
- This home accepts babies and children over four years of age, but does not accept toddlers.
- There is space for four cars in the secure driveway of this home.
- There is a futon in the sitting room which can be set up for two. Please let us know when you book if you would like it prepared.
- This home has an open swimming pool (with no fence) accessible via the back door.
- One loveable dog lives at this home. She won't be around during your stay, but this home may not be suitable for people with allergies.
- This home has air-conditioning in the second sitting room only.
- The fireplace indoors is ornamental but you can use the one outdoors.Get the full listing »