The suite encompasses the lofted 3rd floor of the mansion, built by former Governor of Colorado, Jesse McDonald in 1893.
There is a large 2nd story deck where guests can enjoy the view of Leadville and the surrounding mountains.
- Master Bedroom
The master suite is very large and charming. It has a king size bed with an ornate white iron headboard, a sink with vanity, large walk-in closet, antique dresser and mirror and a wing-back chair in a cozy sitting area. The original plank pine floors are covered with oriental style rugs.
- Dormer Bedroom
A cozy dormer bedroom with 2 twin beds is off of the living room. A dresser and matching nightstand are also in this room.
- Living Room
The living room and kitchen share the same space in a large central area. The living room has a sofa, antique upholstered chair, writing desk and cable TV.
The kitchen occupies one side of the room and has an oak table and 4 chairs, a stove with oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, blender and coffee maker. There is also a large walk-in storage closet.
The private bath is located off the hallway between the kitchen and master bedroom. There are built-in storage shelves, an enclosed shower, cute pedestal sink and an incredible view of the Sawatch mountain range to the south.
The space is completely private from the rest of the house and has a dedicated parking spot in the rear of the house. The unit is located on the third floor and accessed via the back deck.
Interaction with Guests:
My wife and I live in the main unit of the house and will be available to greet you at checkin, and will be available for any questions you might have.
You'll be surrounded by the highest mountains in the Colorado Rockies where majestic scenery blends with a lively history. There is much to do during your stay including:
- Skiing at nearby Ski Cooper, Copper Mountain, Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail and Beaver Creek
- Ice skating, sledding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and Nordic skiing on the Mineral Belt Trail.
- Mountain biking for any level of expertise. World-class hiking, mountain climbing, fishing and hunting.
- Shopping, dining, visiting museums or taking a self-guided walking tour in a quintessential Victorian town.
- Following the route of the Silver Kings in Leadville's Mining District.
- Exploring ghost towns.
- Four-wheeling from beginner level to the more advanced 13,186' Mosquito Pass, the highest vehicular road in the United States.
Located just one block from Main street means that most places in town can be reached by foot.
The property also features a dedicated parking spot, but you can catch a bus in town to Copper Mountain and to the Frisco Transit Center.
Other Things to Note:
Yes, we are pet friendly - if you are bringing your pet note that there is an additional pet fee.
The Governor's Mansion was once the home of former Governor Jesse McDonald and is centrally located in Leadville's National Historic Landmark District. Part of this house was built in 1881, with the mansion portion completed in 1893. Former Governor, Jesse McDonald, who sought and found his fortune in Leadville, built this big house to entertain guests as they travelled through town.
• Not suitable for children and infants
• No smoking
• No parties or events
• Check-in is anytime after 4PMGet the full listing »