This House is Amazing!
1st Built by an Attorney for entertaining in the late 40's it still has all its charm. Its former owners include an Oil Field Executive, the last owner - a Surgeon, and now Me!
HGTV's HomeTown featured this amazing house in their 1st season. It was not chosen for a remodel (Thank you Lord!) I absolutely Love this house as it is.... and I'm not the only one! When it wasn't chosen for the remodel, the Producer of the show decided to rent it for the season, prior to my purchasing this Laurel Treasure.
This house is booked by folks for a number of reasons:
1. Medical Students - in town to complete required in hospital studies
2. Pharmacists in training - in town for on job studies
3. Engineers - for work that may last 2 weeks - 2 years
4. Police Academy Students - for the 6 week course
5. Contractors - for work that may last a week to 6 months
6. Tourists to Laurel to check out our quaint lil Town - 2 - 7 nights
7. Family that left home and returns for visit 2 - 14 nights
8. Family in town to assist parents with medical issues, 4 nights - 2 months
9. Love - with the dating sites becoming more popular, I’ve even had guests come to stay while courting or being courted
10. Fishing / Hunting - poplar in this area, I’ve had travelers who have come for the local Outdoor life
The travelers to this property are as unique as the property. Its been a pleasure to host each and every one of them. I hope to count you in that group.
The house is located on a corner lot, sharing a back alley with only 1 other house. Guest's will park in assigned parking on a parking pad, just off the alley and enter into the fenced, gated yard. Then go up a concrete ramp and enter the back yard. Full of landscaping where there is almost always something in bloom.
The concrete path will take Guests around the inviting 40' x 20' in ground pool, to the rear door of this Amazing, Private, Home. Where a lock box to enter the back door, into the Kitchen, can be found. There are 2 doors accessible to Guests in the kitchen, one leads to the formal dining room and the other to the hall foyer. At one end of the hall is the 1/2 bath and the other will take Guestsy to the stairs, front door, or Great Room.
The Great Room offers a Big Screen TV with lots of premium Direct TV channels, warm hardwood floors, cozy furnishings and a large glass table for entertaining or work.
Up the stairs are 3 bedrooms, all with hardwood floors and closets. The Master has a full private bath with shower stall, and the other two bedrooms share a comfortable larger full bath. Each bedroom has a TV with a firestick or roku and Netflix account pre-entered. Each bedroom also has a window unit. The house is equipped with a 5 ton AC/Heater unit, but as the Owner, I love the hum of a window unit, the instant cold, and have heard, folks need it just a little cooler to get a good nights sleep, so these are provided. The Master and 2nd largest bedrooms each have a King size bed and the 3rd bedroom offers a Full over Full bunk bed.
At maximum, capacity, in beds, counting 2 in the bottom Full bunk, 1 on the top bunk, and 2 in each of the King beds, the house will sleep up 7 people. In the Great room (main floor) there is also a futon, so including this there could be as many as 9 overnight guests.
There are a few areas not described above that are off limits and locked up. they mostly include closets but also include the sun-room with a private entrance.
In addition, there is a two car Garage off the alley. One side of the Garage is a Laundry Room . Guests are given access to the laundry room. It has 1 washer and 1 dryer, both are coin operated.
Rates are based on:
1. 4 or less Guests and the 2 bedrooms with king beds being used. 5 or more people and the bunk bedroom is opened.
2. 4 or more nights being booked.
A shorter stay is permitted but rates may be slightly higher for stays of less than 4 nights.
3. No Pets.
If you’ve pets, please inquire on the per pet, Pet Fee.
4. No Visitors unless in people count
Each stay is different, so if you’ve planning on visitors, don’t book before getting prior authorization.
5. If Visitors are approved, pool parties and events are not.
6. There is a $400 REFUNDABLE deposit that will be collected prior to arrival for stays that are less than 2 weeks. $800 for stays more than 2 weeks less than a month. $1200 for stays over a month.
7. I try really hard to work with long term renters, stays of 2 or more months. 90 days or longer are not responsible for lodging taxes. So while they will have been paid prior to 90 days has been rented, those taxes can be refunded after 90 days.... looking to book longer than month? Lets talk about your rate.
8. Long term renters are my bread and butter. I’m happy to book less than week, about 2 weeks prior to arrival.
A few things Travelers should know:
1. The swimming pool is open Mid April - Mid October. There were 2 choices for the pool in amenities, Communal (used by the entire community of Laurel) or Private. I checked Private, but a better description is "Shared" if rented, with the Cottage Guests and if rented, with the Efficiency Guests
2. Mid to Late October, after the 1st cold spell, the pool is covered
3. There is a basement efficiency apartment that has its own separate, on the outside of the house, entrance and is not accessible from the interior of the house or vice versa.
4. This basement apartment is also listed on this listing site and infrequently rented as it is best suited for 1 person, staying more than 14 nights.
5. Owner is rarely in town, often just for a day trip, but when an overnight stay is required, the Basement apartment is where she stays.
6. Routine property maintenance is done regularly, from pool care to lawn care. Unless an emergency, repairs and more major maintenance is done off season or when guests are likely not be using the pool.
7. Across from the Main House, over the 2 car garage, is a small Cottage, perfect for a couple, that also available for short term rentals, and may be rented during your stay.
8. Each property, the Main House, The Cottage, and the Basement Efficiency are private individual areas, with assigned parking, all with use of the Laundry facilities in the Garage, the grounds, and swimming pool.
9. Children are not allowed in the swimming pool unsupervised. Pets are not allowed outside on this property, off leash, unless in the large dog pen.
10. Each property is no smoking.
11. Visitors are not permitted unless approved before booking, in writing.
12. Parking is limited, please disclose if you require more than 1 parking spot, prior to booking. Street parking is available.
13. Your cleaning fee covers a starter supplies, to make your arrival comfortable:
Each Bathroom will have 2 Rolls of Toilet Paper
House will have 1 Paper Towel
Some Hand Soap will be at each sink
Some Dish washing Detergent will be Kitchen sink
Some Dish Detergent for Kitchen sink
14. Visitors are not generally not permitted. Please inquire if you plan to have visitors, include the people count. As I'm sure you would not want the Cottage or Apartment guests to entertain not booked visitors (strangers), during your stay, around and in the pool, we ask the same of the Main House Guests, ideally no visitors but absolutely no using these common areas with others not booked..
15. Starter Supplies, the consumables left for guests are:
1 roll of Toilet Paper on roll (may be partially gone) and 1 complete roll under the sink for each bathroom
1 roll of Paper Towels in the Kitchen
some Dish washing detergent for the sink
some dish washing detergent for the dishwasher
Hand soap and every sink
I’ve tried to anticipate any question and fully disclose the property. I would say that despite there being the cottage and basement apartment, its pretty cool. Other travelers like yourself or locals coming home for a visit. Sometimes folks displaced by a tornado on an extended stay while there home is repaired or medical student on a tour of duty. All with interesting stories enjoying the accommodations they’ve booked.. Interaction is rare and when it happens, the conversation is always good.
Of course is you’ve questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the owner.Get the full listing »