The house is a historic riverfront home built in 1926 in the town of Morattico, Virginia. Perfect for groups of friends with kids, or family reunions. Here are some details on this beautiful getaway:
- On 1 acre of land with plenty of privacy.
- 4 bedrooms, 1.5 baths plus enclosed outdoor shower
- Wrap around screen porch with swinging porch bed, deep seating, bar area, and water/ sunset views
- Living room with Wifi and internet enabled TV for login with your Netflix/ Amazon Prime account. Living room couch is comfortable to sleep on and door can be closed to provide privacy/ 5th bedroom.
- Dining room with table for six plus additional table leaf.
- Dogs allowed.
- NO linens/towels provided. Beds have top comforter and pillows but no sheets or pillow cases.
- Yard, dock, and waterfront has incredible amenities (read more about it below).
Room 1: Upstairs Bedroom has a queen size bed and antique dressers. Has gorgeous water and sunset views from 4 windows. Shares hall full bath.
Room 2: Upstairs bedroom has a queen size bed and shares hall full bath. Coming soon (June 1) this room will have four (4) full/ double size built-in bunk beds which will sleep 8 in this room. Perfect for kids!
Room 3: Upstairs bedroom with a full/ double bunk bed with twin bed above. Water views. Coming soon (June 1) this room will have a queen size bed. Shares hall full bath.
Room 4: Downstairs bedroom with queen size bed and antique dressers and armoire. Water views. Half bath on ground floor, can also share full bath upstairs.
This home is situated on a sandy beach on the bay of Lancaster Creek just as it meets the Rappahannock River. Approx. 100' of waterfront fun!
View of the sun setting over the water every single day!
- Sandy beach between the jetties at low tide.
- Water is approx 3' deep at the dock at mean low tide, with a wonderful smooth sandy bottom (not muddy!).
- Stone Firepit with Adirondack benches.
- Morattico's 'World Famous' sunset beach sand circle with lounge chairs.
- Extended pier with large dock
- Fish cleaning station
- Pulley mooring system, power and fresh water hose for your boat needs!
- Local boat landings include Simonson Landing (DGIF) and Whalen's Marina (waterfront gas) on the same bay of Lancaster Creek as this home.
- Complimentary kayaks and canoe with life jackets
- Fishing rods and Carolina rig fishing tackle ready to go!
- Crab pots and crab lines/ nets
- Corn hole, bocce, horseshoes
- Sheds have umbrellas, folding beach chairs, water floats and tubes
- Sheds also have a full size clothes washer and dryer.
- Enclosed outdoor shower is private, large and spacious, with a bench/ dry area for changing.
Great for Groups of Friends:
This home is a great place to host a group of friends!
- Jump in the water right off the dock!
- Grilling, drinking, yard games, sunsets, hanging out on the dock, bonfires, watching sports. This home has you covered!
Great for Family Reunions:
Family reunions often have up to 4 generations of family, spanning from little babies to great grandparents. This home is comfortable for all age ranges!
- Lots of spaces for people to eat together.
- Lots of spaces for people to gather together, hang out, sit, chat, have fun.
- Lots of fun for kids: Water activities, roasting s'mores for the first time, fishing and crabbing, seeing the stars SO WELL!!
- Comfortably sleeps 9 people in beds, soon (June 1) to be 14! Plus living room couch as required!
Food is a huge deal when getting together. All you need to bring is your food!
- Two (2) full size refrigerators
- Range with stove and microwave
- Full size dishwasher
- Comes completely stocked with cooking needs, including a large selection of pots, pans, serving dishes, platters, cookie trays and more.
- Plenty of cooking knives for the chefs in the family.
- Coffe makers: Enjoy an early morning sunrise with fresh coffee on the dock or screened porch!
- Outdoor propane grill, complete with extra tanks of propane.
- Outdoor charcoal Akorn egg-type grill.
- Large steamer stock pots for crab boils.
The northern neck of Virginia is a remote historic region where you can get away from it all, but it is surprisingly close to everything:
- 20 minutes to Warsaw for local dining, groceries, ice cream parlor.
- 20 minutes to Kilmarnock/ Irvington/ White Stone for boutique shopping.
- Historic local attractions include the birthplace of George Washington, the family home of Robert E Lee at Stratford Hall, and Morattico's very own Morattico Waterfront Museum within walking distance!
- Chesapeake Wine Trail
- Local golf courses including the Golden Eagle and Quinton Oaks
- approx. 75 miles from Richmond, VA, or Williamsburg, VA
- approx. 110 miles from Washington, DC
We would love to host your party or family gathering. We love entertaining and making our guests super happy, so if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us!
The Barbier and the Robinson FamilyGet the full listing »