Our Shasta Lakeshore Retreat #2 is a special place for all to enjoy on the BEST lake in California (FULL past three years), always flat, easy to find, 80-90 degree water in summer and 365 miles of shoreline) and located on the most desirable part of the lake (upper Sacramento arm in the wonderful community of Lakehead). This lake house is one of the closest to Sugarloaf Marina via a short walk and is on the most desired street in Lakehead. The lake house (or cabin) features three stories of living space with wood beam ceilings and large windows looking out onto the lake and mountains. This home was purchased in Sept 2016 and was renovated in early 2017. See floor plan in photos. It offers a similar if not better experience than its extremely popular sister (Shasta Lakeshore Retreat #1 VRBO #755925) next door which has also been booked solid during the warm months. Larger parties can now enjoy lakefront in style by renting both homes with support for parties of at least 24 people.
- Sleeps 14 including 4 full beds, 2 queens, one king and futon (or 24 if you also rent Shasta Lakeshore Retreat #1 Next Door also)
- 4 bedrooms/lofts, 2 full baths, large family/kitchen/great room with big window views
- Brand new 50' wide beautiful Lakeview decks with mature tree shading. View of lake, marina, mountains and wildlife from Deck. BBQ, Fire pit and Hot Tub.
- RV/Boat Parking, plenty of parking for multiple cars
- Quiet family vacation neighborhood
- Boat launch is very short drive (less than 1/2 mile)
- Marina has great boat slips for $25 a night (call to book ahead). Great way to enjoy lakefront vacationing. Leave the boat...Walk back and forth.
- Although water does drop like any reservoir, you can always see the lake and marina from the deck and most rooms of the houses (no houses in front as we are on the shoreline).
- Four HD flat screen TVs (40-55") and DVR (directTV)
- Internet wifi
- MIDDLE FLOOR at driveway level including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch in living area is a recliner. TV, Fireplace, Bar Sitting and full bath. Also a large master bedroom with king bed and romantic sitting area with lake views and a full bathroom. Large deck spanning the entire back of house. Gas BBQ, Two Patios Tables and Chairs on Deck.
- TOP FLOOR includes a good sized bedroom with a queen bed for 2 plus a second large loft with four full size beds for up to 8. Both rooms have great views of the lake. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- BOTTOM FLOOR includes a 4th Bedroom/Den with its own private entrance and great views of the lake. There is a nice patio/deck outside of this room. This room has a queen size bed that sleeps 2 and a couch/futon that sleeps 2. Access to this room is from the outside. This private room has a 55" HD TV. The outdoor hot tub is one this level.
- Location offers summer temperatures on the deck and around the cabin that are about 10-15 degree less than just up the hill at one of the other rentals because of mature trees/shade and proximity to lake. This is a BIG plus for Shasta in the Summer!
- Two central air conditioners, ceiling fans, extra fans if needed.
- Watch deer and other wildlife every day as you sit on the deck enjoying your coffee in the morning or your drink of choice in the evening.
- Path including steps to edge of Lake (when full)
- Seasonal Rushing Creek only a little ways away (at Shasta Lakeshore Retreat #1). Sounds great when running.
- There are also endless back country roads for ATVs and hunters. Some of the best in California.
- 2017 remodeling included new wood floors and carpet throughout, 100% painted inside and out, New Wood Shutters, Blinds and Shades throughout, Enlarged Photos on Canvas of local area throughout the home and a spectacular larger brand new deck with stainless steel cabling for railing to maximize the view. The home also has a new roof.
- ADDITIONAL PHOTOS (over 200) can be found on our web site. Do a search for "Shasta Lakeshore Retreat"
Notes: this is a wonderful place but there are a couple things we want to make sure our guests understand:
1. Although Lake Shasta is the best lake for watersports, swimming, fishing and general boating in California, it is a reservoir. The water is let out all year long into the Sacramento river which supplies water to many parts of the state. This combined with low rain fall or drought years can drive the lake level down significantly. This pushes our distance from the lake house to the water out as the level drops. This can be significant. Fortunately even in terrible drought years (like 2015), the house still has a view of the lake (unlike some parts of the lake which dry up entirely). For 2016, 2017 and 2018 the lake filled to top....as we expect 2019 will also do.
2. The lower water levels might make the boat ramp several hundred yards further. and will make the walk to the marina a little longer. At times the walk can be steep to the marina when water level is very low. After 4 years of drought (Fall 2015) lake still had plenty of water for watersports and sightseeing. Not an issue at all unlike most lakes in California. The boat ramp and marina in front of our house remained open. Even when it was the lowest, It still took us 45-60 minutes to drive our boat at speed from one end to the other.....There was plenty of famous Shasta GREAT water. In 2016 it filled up!
3. The deck are high off the ground. Although they have railings as you would expect, if you have children, you need to watch them all the time outside as a fall from the deck would be a serious or life threatening fall. Also the slope behind the house has a trail to the water's edge (when lake full) but it is steep and young children should not go alone.
4. The stairways to the upper floor are steep. If you have elderly staying with you, we do not recommend having them stay on the upper floor. We recommend they stay on the middle floor.
See web site. Search for "shasta lakeshore retreat"Get the full listing »