In compliance with Oahu's rental laws we rent to only one family per 30-day period. Each period is a month of the year. You can stay one or 30 days, the rental fee is the same (see schedule below) because it is an amount to cover one month of rent. You will have the right to stay at the house the entire 30 days if you like. The law does NOT require that you occupy the house all 30 days. You can leave after 7, 8, etc days. Your arrival and departure dates MUST be between the 1st and 30/31st of a month.
Available Months & Monthly Rent Schedule (includes 14% HI Taxes & $200 Cleaning)
See details below for further details on our compliance with Oahu's strict Vacation Rental laws. Please don't hesitate to ask if you are confused about the rental law on Oahu.
Laie offers life in an unspoiled part of Hawaii that remains very Polynesian in culture (i.e. very warm and friendly). The Polynesian Cultural Center, Oahu's most visited attraction, is just 1 mile up the road.
The location of the house is unique. The house sits inside a beautiful state beach park. We have a 120-degree view of the ocean from both the power and upper decks. The only thing between our house and the beach is 40 steps of grass field from the park.
Also, the beach easily ranks as one of the best in Hawaii. You will find yourself taking spectacular morning and evening beach walks. Because our beach is behind a reef, there are no big waves and you can swim year round.
To our left, for half a mile there are no houses along the beach. Just tropical park trees. You really feel like you are on a tropical island. The beach is wide and the ocean is all sandy bottom. To our right there is great snorkeling and there is a popular local ocean play ground the locals call the "Alligator Pond" because a series of rocks in the water look like an alligator from afar. Kids love the pond because the water is shallow and warm so even toddlers can play without any waves (which are caught by those rocks). They get fascinated by the little tropical fish swimming around in the pond.
Also to the left there are great areas for bigger kids (9+) to safely boogie board as the waves are just big enough to get some nice rids.
The best feature of the house is the large lower deck which is covered by the upstairs part of the house. Because trees to our right shield the house from Ocean winds you can enjoy every breakfast, lunch and dinner out on the deck overlooking the park and ocean. That is really relaxing
OAHU VACATION RENTAL LAW EXPLAINED!
We operate in strict compliance with Oahu's new "Bill 89" law on vacation rentals. The law is effective August 1, 2019. The law means:
- Our property address must be listed in our ads. It is 55-007-D Kamehameha Highway - Laie - HI 96762
- Hawaii Tax IDs most be shown. They are "GE070622003201" and "TA070622003201"
- Our property only rents on the basis of one contract per 30 or more consecutive days (12 groups a year max). You will receive a 30-day contract upon booking your stay.
- By law, you DO NOT have to occupy the house for all 30 days.
- This period will be blocked off on all web sites where our house is listed so no one else can book that period.
- You will have the right to stay in the house for all 30 days at no additional cost. So you can visit another island for a few days and come back to spend some more nights.
- Subletting your unused nights to friends, family or others is never allowed.Get the full listing »