Enjoy a beautiful big (16x37’) heated pool with slide on our adjacent property next door starting in April: ask for opening date. Pool is shared with us, the owners. Also a new hot tub with lounger that seats 5-6 at Blue Turtle. We also have a big hot water heater, stove and refrigerator new in 2018.
Our Blue Turtle Beach House comes well equipped for a family gathering. If you're looking for a comfortable, relaxing retreat, you've found it! Enjoy our convenient, central location, 10 to 15 minutes walk to the Skyline Beach Access, or a 2 minute drive to Chicahauk Beach. In our quiet, private neighborhood, we have easy traffic-free access to nearby shops, grocery stores and restaurants. Family and dog friendly. Discover our many bike paths and parks. You're home! Your hosts Mary and Andy invite you to stay at our vacation rental home here on the beautiful Outer Banks. You'll use the beach equipment: chairs, umbrellas, toys, cooler, beach towels and a cart are all here! And we have stocked the living room with books, games, magazines and movies for a rainy day. We have compiled a Guest Book with instructions on the electronics and appliances, as well as insider tips on shopping and sightseeing.
From June 1 through September 14 , 2019 we offer one week stays with Saturday check-ins. We want you to choose Blue Turtle for your vacation. Tell us what we can do to host you on your trip!
1. Please try to minimize the amount of sand in the house. Use the outdoor shower and leave any sandy shoes, toys and towels outside.
2. NO PARTIES or events. But if you have a birthday or other small celebration while you're here, we'd love to help with anything you need.
3. Easy check in! We have keyless entry. We will send you the code. It will work after 4pm on your arrival day.
4. Easy check out! You will need to leave by 10:00am after your last night, since we will need to prepare for our next guests. There will be a fine of $100 per hour for late checkout, unless agreed to by host. Before leaving, just put your used sheets and towels on the floor, take all of your food out of the refrigerator and cabinets, and put any you don’t want in the trash, take out the trash (regular and recycle) to the bins in the carport, put the dishes in the dishwasher and put the soap pellet in, and start it. Close and lock the doors and windows. And don't forget to return the parking passes you have borrowed. The Southern Shores parking pass costs $75 to replace.
5. Yes, we have passes for beach parking lots, playgrounds, marinas, and other areas exclusive to Chicahauk and Southern Shores. Please return them to the Guest Book in the living room.
6. NO NOISE after 10pm and before 8:00am. We live next door, and we or our neighbors will notify the police for excessive noise at any time of the day. Blue Turtle is located in a mostly residential area. Please respect our neighbors.
7. NO SMOKING of any kind in the house or on the decks. Use an ashtray if you smoke out front. No candles (except birthday candles)!
8. We have a gas grill for you to use. Please pull it out from under the house. We will have an extra propane tank. Let us know if you need help changing tanks. Please clean grill after each use. If not, there will be a $100 fine.
9. Dogs: Two house trained, quiet dogs allowed. No cats or other animals. No dogs on furniture. Please apply flea/tick medicine 3 days prior to arrival. No dangerous dogs. Pet fee of $25/day. We love dogs!
10. Fines: If we or our cleaning professionals find evidence (fumes, cigarette butts, etc.) of smoking anywhere but in the driveway, we will fine you $250 for the extra cleaning required. If you bring any animals other than the type and number listed in #9 above, we will fine you $250 for the extra cleaning required, as we incur a legal liability if future guests have allergies to those animals. There will be a $100 per hour fine imposed for late check out (after 10:00am) unless agreed to by host. Replacement cost of parking passes: $75 each. Dirty grill: $100 fine.
11. Fireplace: there is a gas fireplace which is no longer in service. Please do not use it for any reason.
12. Weather Policy: There will be no refunds for cancelling or leaving early due to bad weather, except in the event of a Mandatory Evacuation. In this case, you will be refunded for the part of your stay covered by the mandatory evacuation. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance prior to your trip.
13. Security: this is our vacation rental home. For security and liability reasons, all guests must be registered through HomeAway/VRBO. Also, please do not bring new friends to our home, and treat it in a law abiding manner. Mary and Andy are not responsible for any and all harm, injury or loss sustained while in our home. It is best to lock the doors each time you leave.
Please know that we have 2 exterior Ring cameras at our house next door to Blue Turtle. There are no cameras anywhere at Blue Turtle. They are at the driveway and pool, and are motion activated. This is for security and liability reasons.
Andy and Mary DO NOT ALLOW gatherings or parties without host consent prior to booking.
- Unregistered guests (i.e. guests not included at the time of booking) are not permitted on the premises at any time.
- All guests should be registered (added to the reservation) at the time of booking. If not on the reservation, you will need to message me the names through the HomeAway message system soon after booking.
- We do not rent to party groups. We live next door, and if we or our neighbors discover a party, we will notify Homeaway and your reservation will be cancelled.
14. Upon arrival, please check If there are any problems, and contact Mary right away by text or phone call. And if it's convenient and I'm available, I'd love to stop by briefly to help orient you to the house and the area.
15. Blue Turtle is for making memories! We hope you love it as much as we do! Please let Mary and Andy know before or during your stay if we can help make your experience more enjoyable. And afterwards, we'd love to arrange a return visit! ❤️❤️Get the full listing »