State of Hawaii Transient Accommodations Tax License #TA-152-017-7152-01
County of Maui Short-Term Rental License #STKM20160001
Welcome to Shambala Maui Tropical Estate a 6 bedroom 9 bath 11,000 square foot panoramic ocean view single-family vacation estate and spa spread over 2 acres and nestled in a quiet residential community overlooking the sunny leeward Makena-Kihei-Wailea coastline of Maui island Shambala is the place to be if you are hoping to experience a genuine sense of privacy during your precious vacation time Here you can relax and recreate in pure privacy nestled amongst the most beautiful private botanical garden and private resort-like surroundings on Maui.
Maui island was voted #1 best island in the WORLD by TripAdvisor's 2016 Travelers' Choice Awards! Maui island was also voted #1 best island in the U.S by Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards published on October 18 2016.
Shambala truly is "Your Own Private Paradise" No other property in Hawaii compares to Shambala now with 100+ photovoltaic solar panels This heavenly retreat is simply incomparable in terms of panoramic views privacy and security the generous array of household and recreational amenities provided the surrounding flora and fauna quality of art decor furnishings kitchen goods and linens and entertainment options In addition to all of the seriously decadent amenities provided what we love most about Shambala is the sense of peacefulness tranquility and calm serenity that you will feel when walking through the gardens relaxing in the warm pools or lounging on the supremely comfortable down-filled furniture.
Please read through to learn more about Shambala..
- 11,000 Plus Square Feet Residence On Two Acres Totally Private
- Double Gated With Security System
- 6 Bedroom Suites with Stearns and Foster Beds 4 With Private Terraces
- 6 Full Baths and 3 Powder Rooms Total 9 Bathrooms
- Steam Room and Double Whirlpool Spa Tub in Master Bath
- 3 Heated Pools Waterfalls Cascading Hot Spa
- Four Hole 2,500 Foot Putting Green
- Deep Soaking Tubs in Four Bathrooms
- Home Gym
- Billiard Table
- BBQ Pool Cabana
- 180 Bottle Wine Closet
- A "Double" Kitchen with Duplicate Appliances and Sinks For Sanitary Food Preparation
- Central Air Conditioning with Independent Individual Room Controls
- A Complete Entertainment System in All Bedrooms and Living Areas
- Sunken Tiered Living Room With 9.5 Foot TV Screen
- 16 Televisions
- JBL Synthesis System
- A Children's Play Room
Most visitors to Maui start off asking to stay in a beachfront location Over time they learn that beachfront rental homes offer virtually no privacy and are often buffeted by strong afternoon trade winds A smarter alternative is to rent Shambala It's easy to grab the abundant supplies provided and pop down to the beach for some sandy salt water fun but after a few hours when the trades pick up and the sun heats up there's nothing like retreating to Shambala your very own retreat and spa with shaded lawns gardens and wind protected heated saline swimming pools.
For beach lovers there are more than a dozen sandy swimming beaches within minutes by car from Shambala Keawakapu Beach parking lot can be reached in just 2-3 minutes door-to-door There is plentiful parking sani facilities and showers at the beach Approx 5-10 minutes away are Ulua Beach Wailea Beach Polo Beach White Rock Beach Chang's Beach and Big Beach Travel up the coast in the other direction along a speedy highway and you'll find a string of gorgeous light golden sand beaches that are famous for their accessibility and good swimming conditions (weather depending) including Kamaole I "Charley Young Beach" and Kamaole II and III Beaches in Kihei We encourage guests to get out and explore all of Maui's award-winning beaches including Kaanapali Beach and Kapalua Beach but most guests tell us "there's simply no place like home" Most beach parks have free public parking showers restrooms and some picnic facilities Several beach parks in nearby Kihei Wailea Beach and Big Beach have lifeguards during fixed hours A very generous supply of beach gear is stocked in the garage for guest use Help yourself to the portable beach-use coolers chairs umbrellas toys towels assorted boards and more!
The views from Shambala stretch from Makena to Kahului including the Wailea-Kihei coastline and the West Maui Mountains On clear days you also see off-shore island dotting the expanse of big blue ocean below Take in absolutely stunning golden sunsets and twinkling moonsets or if you are an early riser enjoy the sun rising over Haleakala At 650 feet elevation Shambala is blessed with slightly cooler daytime temperatures than along the beach area with light and fresh trade wind breezes to moderate the afternoon temps At night a light cover up is sometimes needed as the evening air takes on a pinch of chill but that's also when the jasmine and other floral fragrances are robustly noticeable - a great time for a walk in the garden under the stars or the moonlight.
Shambala is conveniently located between Kihei and Wailea You can easily travel to The Grand Wailea Resort The Four Seasons Resort The Shops At Wailea Kihei-Town Numerous Championship Golf Courses Tennis Courts Beaches Snorkeling Coves Diving Spots Surfing & Paddle Boarding Spots Spas & Salons Grocery Stores and Dining & Shopping.
Maui is encircled with a very rare marine sanctuary Charter a boat for scuba diving sailing or snorkeling or spend a day at one of our many golden sand beaches and mother nature might put on a show for you Often visible in near-shore waters are humpback whales spinner or bottle-nosed dolphins turtles and endangered monk seals It's not unusual to see whales breaching above the Pacific waters from any of the 7 ocean view rooms or the ocean view pool deck at Shambala.
Enter Shambala (Your Own Private Heaven!) through the automatic wood gate and find yourself in a mystical other-worldly eden of lush tropical gardens with dense jungle-like greenery meandering fresh water streams and pastel blooming island flowers including multi-hued orchids growing in trees The Shambala garden is quite possibly the most decadent private organic arboretum or botanical garden in all of Hawaii Pick your own fruit for breakfast or make banana bread - Shambala tastes as good as it looks.
A day in paradise begins with a gaze up at the dormant peak of Haleakala a mesmerizing mountain that is usually bathed in the soft glow of Maui's delicate morning light Take a warm up stroll through the beautiful gardens Have a look at the bright orange yellow red and fucshia hibiscus the pink and coral bougainvillea and sunshine yellow and pretty pink plumeria From high up in the bamboo and palms that outline this 2 acre estate a symphony of bird song can be heard Listen for the sweet serenade of 2 pairs of "married" resident cardinals gray francolins myna birds spotted and zebra doves finches and mannikins Hear water trickling along the Shambala "River" and morning breezes from atop the mountain that rustle the palm fronds - your own private alarm clock.
Who's making breakfast? Dine outdoors in the cool fresh morning air on the 2,000 square foot "mountain" side sun-shaded patio Grab a coffee from the built-in Dacor coffee bar Cook a perfect omelette on the Wolf gas range or use the Vitamix for smoothies Actually why stop there? Almost every imaginable small appliance and kitchen gadget is stocked for your cooking fun The pool cabana BBQ is large enough to grill gourmet hot dogs or burgers or chicken breast for all 12 guests at one time The popcorn maker can feed a whole theater We suggest you organize a cooking competition for your own group when in residence and make good use of what looks like a full catalogue of goodies from "Williams-Sonoma" or better.
Need a work out? Drop in to your very own fully equipped private home gym located pool-side by the BBQ and Billiards Cabana The air-conditioned gym features Precor brand state-of-art equipment such as 2 treadmills elliptical trainer large assortment of free weights stationary bicycle universal weight machine Pilates Reformer machine Yoga supplies and two large HD televisions with surround-sound and the entertainment options.
Ready to swim? You have 3 heated saline pools to choose from Lap swim in the 52 foot two lane lower pool take a dip in the free-form lagoon-style shallow oasis slip into the extra-deep plunge pool or take a break in the heated hot spa that is adorned with a cascading waterfall You can also slide into the plunge pool or "hike" through the misty LED lit grotto that passes beneath another gorgeous cascading waterfall The pools are heated to a minimum average of 84 degrees year-round.
Need a break from Maui's gorgeous sunshine and warmer mid-day temps? Plop down on the sunken living room sofa and watch a movie or tv show on the 9.5 foot HD screen Press a button to drop the sun shades Before you know it you might just be in slumber-land We will let you figure out how to best enjoy "Pete's Bar" There's plenty of entertainment waiting for you there just follow one of the drink recipe books run one of the many blenders toss in a paper umbrella (stocked - of course!) grab a custom printed Shambala napkin and gulp down your favorite tropical refreshment How about a drink mixing competition too?
Other on-site entertainment might include a game of billiards net games on the lower lawn (volleyball or badminton) or a round of poker with one million $ worth of casino-quality chips Another great recreation is to play on Shambala's championship quality Dwarf Seashore Paspalum grass 2,500 square foot 4 hole private putting green with two sand bunkers Built to USGA standards and maintained at 9+ stimp the putting green offers some serious putting practice Putters balls and baskets are stocked in the garage for your use.
For a full round of golf try the scenic Wailea Gold Emerald or Blue courses - just minutes away Guests receive a special rate for golf Just ask your friendly...
Private Paradise Villas Real Estate Broker License #17787
Irene Ann Aroner, Realtor, Principal Broker License #18795
State of Hawaii Travel Agency License TA #3570
Private Paradise Villas Activity Desk License #193
Arriving After 11pm:
In order to comply with the terms and conditions of a Maui County ordinance which allows the legal renting of Shambala to visitors, quiet hours will be observed for any guest arrival after 11pm. During evening quiet hours some of the outdoor lighting will be off and sliding doors and gym will be closed. Also, cabana lighting, speakers, and the waterfalls will be turned off. In order to maintain the permit to rent the property, we must comply with restrictions that limit outdoor noise and light in the neighborhood.
Exterior areas are monitored by security cameras that record motion information. Recordings are automatically erased anywhere from a few weeks to 60 days after recording. The system is not connected to any wi-fi access, is password protected, and is a closed circuit loop that does not leave the property. When the property is guest occupied, the camera views cannot be accessed outside of the house, so we are confident they provide guest privacy while meeting the security requirements of the property's insurer. Recordings are not observed unless there is reasonable cause to do so, for example, in the event of a security concern or occupant accidental injury.
Air Conditioning should never be set to cool below 70-72 or the equipment may freeze or experience any other damage. Most homes and villas in Hawaii are equipped with residential grade equipment which does not provide bottomless cooling. Cooling is available to a reasonable temperature, usually in the 70-72 range on the very low end. Most guests find that a setting of 72-74 is very comfortable once a home has been allowed to cool down and with doors and windows closed.
On-site Services and Maintenance During Guest Visits:
Select services are performed on fixed days by professional vendors during rental visits. The schedule outlined below will typically apply to one week visits. For longer rentals, we may need to periodically add in some additional services such as an extra gardening visit. The vendors are unobtrusive, uniformed, quiet, do not approach guests, and work as quickly as possible. For the most part, there is no impact on guest use of the property and the vendors are sometimes not seen or heard. Services include...
- Daily light hotel-style housekeeping service from 10:00 a.m. starting outside and from 10:30 a.m. inside.
- Daily (7 days per week) putting green maintenance - Approx. 45 minutes in the morning from approx. 10:30 a.m. or early afternoon depending on the day of the week.
- Twice per week pool service in the early morning hours on Tuesday and Friday. This includes once/week pool cleaning.
- Once per week gardening service on Thursday morning. Additional service may take place on Friday, if rented for longer than one week.
- Once per week lawn mowing and blowing on Saturday mornings for approx. 3 hours - this typically cannot be waived. Additional service may take place on Wednesday afternoon, if rented for longer than one week.
Pool and Property Usage Disclosures:
- No Lifeguard Provided - Guest Use is at Your Own Risk - Adults Must Supervise Use by Children and Young Adults
- Pool is Not Covered or Fenced
- Guests Must Turn Off the Water Slide After Using By Turning The Lever To The OFF position
- Pool is Heated in Cooler Months to an Average of 84 Degrees. Higher Pool Temperatures May Not be Attainable Given the Depth and Size of the Pool
- The Putting Green is For Mature Guest Use. Please Supervise Use By Children and Young Adults
- Guests must sign House Rules prior to taking occupancy
- Chefs and other service providers must be pre-approved by the property manager in advance. We maintain an approved vendor list for this purpose. Please inquire if interested.
SPECIFIC RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STIPULATED BY MAUI COUNTY AS A CONDITION FOR GRANTING THIS PROPERTY A SHORT-TERM (Vacation) RENTAL PERMIT/LICENSE:
- Quiet Hours From 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., During Which Time the Noise from the Short-Term Rental Home Shall Not Unreasonably Disturb Adjacent Neighbors
- Sound that is Audible Beyond the Property Boundaries During Non-Quiet Hours Shall Not be More Excessive than Would be Otherwise Associated with a Residential Area
- Amplified Sound that is Audible Beyond the Property Boundaries of the Short-Term Rental Home is Prohibited
- Vehicles Shall be Parked in the Designated Onsite Parking Area and Shall Not be Parked on the Street
- No Parties and No Group Gatherings Other than Registered Guests Shall Occur
- Occupancy is for 2 Guests per Bedroom
- Rental is for One Set of Guests (one family) at a time. Property is Not Rented at the Same Time to Unaffiliated Persons
- Guests May Not Bring Personal Amplified Sound/Music Devices to the Property. They Cannot be Used Inside or Outside of The Property. The In-House Sound System has been Custom Designed to Provide Sound/Music for Guest Use According to Special Volume Restrictions and Related Terms and Conditions Required for the Property's Short-Term Rental Home Permit as Specified by the Maui County Administration. No Exceptions Allowed.
Taxes are subject to change by State of Hawaii at any time and without advance notice to guest.Get the full listing »