** NOTE: the property is not available during the winter months **
Make your way to Mount Rushmore and stay at 'Grizzly Gulch Cabin,' a vacation rental property for 6 in Keystone! You'll feel just like one of the sculpting workers as you stay at this historic cabin - originally built for those who aided in making Mount Rushmore. Hidden behind towering pines, enjoy a secluded space all your own while still being mere minutes from the major attractions. You'll never tire of time spent here!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1 (Main Cabin): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Guest Cabin): Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Air Mattress
** Please note that there are 2 separate cabins included as part of the listing. Bedroom 1 is in the Main Cabin & Bedroom 2 is in the Guest Cabin. **
Start each morning outside, just as the sun rises over the forest and brings your outdoor oasis to life. Dip your feet in the brisk creek for a jolt of energy before spending the day playing lawn games outside - keep an eye out for deer, turkeys, chipmunks, and squirrels that often stop by to say hello!
After a long day in the sunshine, retreat into 'Grizzly Gulch Cabin' for a bit of time spent off your feet. Curl up with a good book in the cozy living room, while the kiddos make-up a game all their own in the sunroom.
Refuel your fellow adventurers with a hearty home-cooked meal each evening. The kitchen is fully equipped with updated appliances to assist with making that catch-of-the-day into a delicious five-star dinner. If your palette prefers something smokier, fire up fillets on the electric grill or charcoal grill outside!
Dinners are best enjoyed outside on the picnic table, or in the sunroom when the weather's a bit chillier. Follow dinner with some cold brews and sweet s'mores by the outdoor fire pit! Linger outside late into the evening hours, until tired eyes call you to rest on the queen bed in either the main cabin or guest cabin.
-- THE LOCATION --
'Grizzly Gulch Cabin' is truly the best way to experience Mount Rushmore. Originally built as a cabin for those who were working on Mount Rushmore, this property is brimming with history, and boasting views of the site from the road. Drive just 3 miles to visit the incredible Mountain Rushmore National Memorial. A visit during the evening program can't be missed!
You'll find the heart of town less than 10 minutes from the property. When the sun sets, Keystone exudes a carnival-like atmosphere, dappled with pop-up shops, cute boutiques, and plenty of charming eateries. Enjoy a Turtle Town ice cream cone while you stroll the streets!
There's something for everyone in the Keystone area. Adventure enthusiasts are encouraged to explore via hiking trail, helicopter, or zip line, while the more leisurely folk enjoy a day spent fishing on Horse Thief Lake or Lakota Lake. All are sure to love a trip down the famous Iron Mountain Road, where tunnels and pigtail bridges are sure to impress.
Take part in the incredible Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup! Just 20 miles away, this park is home to one of the world's largest publicly-owned bison herds. Visit in September to watch the thundering herd move across the landscape!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, electric and propane heaters, screened in sunroom, outdoor fire pit, board games, card games, outdoor lawn games, charcoal grill, electric grill, croquet, and badminton available upon request, on-site parking, and more!
- Prime Keystone location - Secluded from the bustle of the city, with Mount Rushmore, Keystone and dozens of trails and lakes less than 7 miles away. Not to mention Custer State Park just 20 miles further!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Rapid City Regional Airport, (~ 31 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- This property can comfortably sleep 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 6 with arrangements on an air mattress
- Please note the property does not have heat, therefore it is not available for mid-October to May
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »