* Please note that there is another vacation rental on the premises in a completely separate unit with a shared deck offering a gas grill, picnic table, and furniture*
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and retreat to 'The Sheridan Cabin,' a 1-bedroom, 1-bath home nestled in the Black Hills. This vacation rental has sleeping arrangements for 5, a kitchenette, and modern decor. Walk around town, take a selfie with the presidents at Mt. Rushmore, or adventure around the Badlands.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Queen Bed, 2 Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds | Living Room: Futon
You'll be a part of the town's history when you stay at this charming cabin located on the route of the ‘Old Town Walking Tour.’ The outside of this unique property features a plaque honoring the events of Battle Creek circa 1873. The cabin itself is a renovated, historic cabin that was relocated from nearby Sheridan Lake.
There is nothing vintage about the interior of this recently renovated abode boasting boho chic decor, comfortable furnishings, and an abundance of natural light.
After hiking around Mount Rushmore, freshen up with a rinse in the upscale bathroom featuring a walk-in shower, stylish tile backsplash, and plush towels.
As the group grows hungry, pick up some fresh ingredients at the local grocer and let the grill master create a delicious feast on the gas grill. Dine al fresco at the picnic table or take your home-cooked meal to the breakfast bar with seating for 3!
Turn on the flat-screen TV and watch your favorite movies via the DVD player! The cozy quilts and soft linens will invite you into the bedroom for restful slumbers, while the others sleep soundly on the futon.
-- THE LOCATION --
Easily explore Keystone’s Main Street offering restaurants, shops, museums, and saloons! Partake in the walking tour and stop by the 1895 Schoolhouse Museum, Halley's 1880 Sore, and Big Thunder Gold Mine!
Just 4 miles away is Mount Rushmore National Memorial featuring 60-foot granite carvings of 4 U.S. presidents with an awe-inspiring Black Hills backdrop. After the sun sets, there is a special lighting ceremony in the evenings that you won't want to miss! Additional adventures await just 5.6 miles away at Rush Mountain!
Drive through the granite spires that tower over Needles Highway to Custer State Park! This park is a hot spot for wildlife sightings including deer, antelopes, mountain goats and a herd of 1,300 bison! After hiking around, replenish your famished group with a meal at State Game Lodge, President Coolidge's Summer White House!
On your return from Custer State Park, stop by Crazy Horse Memorial - a monument honoring a legendary Oglala Lakota warrior currently being carved on Thunderhead Mountain! Explore this stunning area and pay homage to the Native American culture by visiting the on-site museums.
Hop in the car and drive a little over an hour to experience the beauty of erosion at Badlands National Park! Hike through the maze of canyons exposing striking sedimentary rock layers and adventure to Fossil Trail where three-toed horses and saber-toothed cats were discovered. Additional adventures await just 5.6 miles away at Rush Mountain!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchenette, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat-screen TV, walk-in shower, and a furnished patio!
- Central Keystone location in historical Keystone, 10 minutes from Mount Rushmore National Memorial, 16 miles from Custer State Park, 30-minute drive to Crazy Horse Memorial, and 1 hour and 20 minutes away from Badlands National Park!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Rapid City Regional Airport - 4550 Terminal Rd, Rapid City, SD 57703, (~29 miles away from the property)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- If you’re traveling with more than 5 guests, check the availability for the vacation rental unit next door, Evolve listing #412568 and #412561, just down the street!
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »