This is a private family owned self catering property which is located off the slopes of Mt. Longonot (Hells Gate Area) and a few km before Lake Naivasha with breathtaking full views of the Mountain and the entire Lake Naivasha making it the ideal holiday home for families, friends and groups who are looking to get away from Nairobi within less then a hours drive. Sleeps 4 couples and 4 children or 10 adults.
We are fully furnished with a fitted kitchen and all modern appliances and self sufficient with solar heating and power. Stunning views of Mt. Longonot and Lake Naivasha. A perfect family, couples of friends retreat. Catch the Giraffes and Zebras outside the property while sipping on your morning tea or coffee.
Guest access- The entire home
Other things to note
Property is fully secure with electric perimeter fence, 2 friendly resident dogs and 3 security guards.
WELCOME TO OUR HOME
Our home was recently built in 2017 and named Sidai Ridge after the spectacular panaoramic views of Lake Naivasha and Mt. Longonot. Sidai Ridge is nessled 800m above the main Mai – Mahiu – Naivasha Road. As this is a family home, you will find many of our personal possessions and although we are happy to share them with you, we would appreciate you treating the house with due respect.
FIREWOOD AND DRINKING WATER. Please take up both of these with you. The firewood is for the fire at night, and also the water is not suitable for drinking or cooking.
POWER. The electricity is powered by solar. If there is no sun, then there is obviously no power. However this is very, very rare as most of the time we have sun and we also have a backup generator which is used to charge the solar batteries and to be used in the event of a solar power failure. Please be careful with using too much power and turn off the lights in the bedrooms and bathrooms as you leave them. Being conservative and careful will give you constant power.
WATER. Water is collected from the roof during the rainy season and is in a large tank under the kitchen. Before you arrive it is pumped up to a tank in the roof and gravitates down. Again careful use is advised.
We have pressurized showers with hot solar water for your comfort. Please use the water sparingly as it will take a few hours to heat up again once the hot water in the solar tanks are consumed. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT USING WATER AND NOT WASTEFUL. DO NOT COOK OR DRINK WATER FROM THE TAP. To use the pressurized showers the pump must be turned on however please strictly do not use any other kitchen appliance during the time the shower pump is on.
Our house has most modern appliances for your comfort including a 42inch TV, Microwave, Oven, Fridge, Kettle, Toaster, Crockery & Cutlery. Since we are self-sufficient and we produce our own power for electricity and heating you are advised to strictly use one appliance at a time for e.g. you cannot use the toaster and kettle or kettle and microwave at the same time as these appliances use a lot of power and must be use one at a time in order to avoid a burnout (strictly)
DSTV/INTERNET. We have a DSTV satellite dish installed however you must bring along your decoder and smart card with you and plug into our connection. Unfortunately we do not have WIFI on the premises however Safaricom & Airtel 4G public signal is available via your phones/tabs.
COOKING. The cooker is gas and very easy to use. Should you finish the cylinder during your stay please inform Morris.
FRIDGE. The fridge is put on by the staff before you arrive and is very efficient. Make sure it is on ‘3’ and not more as otherwise you will find your food frozen in the morning!
RUBBISH & BREAKAGES. Please take your rubbish back with you (do not leave it at the house for disposal) – and kindly inform the staff if you have any breakages during your stay.
STAFF. Morris is available as a caretaker and cleaner. When you arrive, please let them know if you want help, or if you just want look after the house on your own. Please also let him know the timings you would like them around (or not), so that he is are aware of your requirements. He speaks English. He will show you how the house works and in particular the solar water heating and power. His phone number is 0792 937535. If you are happy with your stay, a tip to him would be really appreciated – as a guideline, 300/- per guest per night in your group.
SECURTITY We have 3 resident security guards manning our main gate, compound gate and common areas. We also have two lovely and friendly resident dogs who are opened at night after you lock your doors. We have 24 hour electric perimeter fence for your comfort. Please do not allow children near the fence after it has been turned on at night which is usually done just before you go to bed and our caretaker will also inform you of the same. Please note we take no responsibility for loss of property, damage, injury as a result of negligence on your part
SUGGESTIONS. We would really welcome any suggestions you would like to make, so please contact us when you return.
- Drinking water
- Food & drinks
- Snacks – sweets, biscuits
- Torch / Candles
- Leatherman / penknife
- Camera & battery / charger
- Board games, cards
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel/soap
- Sunscreen & After sun Lotion
- Insect / mosquito repellent
- Small first aid kit with Paracetamol / Aspirin / Brufen or other pain relievers
- Toilet paper
- Charcoal for BBQ
- Recipe book – in case you wish to cook yourself!
- Washing up liquid & sponge
Do’s & Dont’s
- Tips: If you feel the staff have been great, please feel free to tip them. How much you tip is totally up to you; however a recommended amount would be 300/- per person per day
- Damages: Please avoid any damages or breakages. If any occur, kindly report to house staff on duty and settle the payment DIRECT.
- No illegal drugs allowed
- Please note: All owners and house staff reserve the right of admission
- The property cannot accommodate more then the advertised number of guests and we do not allow additional guests once the maximum occupancy has been reached.
Not suitable for pets
Check-in time is flexible
- We are self sufficient with our own solar powered electricity and heating, the more energy you conserve the longer it lasts
- We rely on sunlight to power our solar panels that provide electricity and heating and on dull days we have a backup generator to charge the solar batteries
- The property has a DSTV dish and 42 inch LED Flat screen TV however you are required to bring your own decorder and connect it to our sattelite
- Property has a backup generator
- For your safety we have an electric perimeter fence
- Due to our solar power kitchen appliances must strictly be used one at a time to avoid overloading the control panel
- We have pressurized showers in all the bathrooms
- A quick 5 min brief will be explained to all guests by our caretaker to ensure our guests understand how to operate all the solar powered features of the house
You must also acknowledge
Pet(s) live on property - Two friendly resident dogs only opened during the night.
Laptop friendly workspace
A table or desk with space for a laptop and a chair that’s comfortable to work in
Free parking on premises
Space where guests can cook their own meals
Host greets you
Separate street or building entrance
Luggage dropoff allowed
For guests' convenience when they have early arrival or late departure
Long term stays allowed
Allow stay for 28 days or more
Bed and bath
First aid kit
Unavailable: Air conditioning
Unavailable: Hair dryer
Unavailable: Carbon monoxide detector
Unavailable: Smoke detectorGet the full listing »