Rugged Elegance founders share their national, award-winning Africa safari-inspired Maine home and soulful lifestyle.
Asante Sana ( Swahili for "thank you very much" ) has been featured in Veranda Magazine ( search "Veranda" and "Safari" ) and the book, "Veranda Retreats." Their landscape design has won numerous national awards.
• You don't need to fly all the way to Africa to experience one of the best African-like lodges and bushes on the planet!
• Your bedroom suite in the woods / aka "bush" is a six minute walk to one of the softest sandy beaches on the East Coast. You get the energy of the ocean and the peace and quiet of being near the Little River in the Woods!
• Park in front of the barn ~ a hop, skip and jump from Goose Rocks Beach
• Enter your domain via a private entrance
• Your guest bedroom suite includes access to Asante Sana's hot tub and outdoor shower
• Fresh brewed coffee or a latte, every morning!
• There is simply nothing else like it on the eastern seaboard!
Your guest suite in the woods includes: Beach towels, two Austrian beach chairs with ottomans and a wagon to get your chairs + gear to Goose Rocks Beach.
Paddle boards and kayaks are available for rent. From your back door, through their "bush" head down The Little River to the Atlantic Ocean. Or borrow Rugged Elegant Jen's two surfboards and drive 7 minutes to Fortunes Rocks, one of the best surfing spots on the Atlantic.
Tim and Jen will help you rent bicycles and direct you to the Eastern Trail or a leisurely 25 mile bike ride into Kennebunkport along Ocean Avenue and back.
Sit by the gas fire with a book, a cocktail and listen to the birds, the ocean and the rustling of the trees.
There is no more idyllic setting in Maine than this!
Interaction with guests
Rugged Elegant Jen, her husband, Tim and their Golden Retriever, Aspen reside at Asante Sana. They are available to not only make you coffee in the morning but they'd be delighted to help you get the most out of your Kennebunkport, Maine get-away once you've arrived in paradise!
Other things to note
Your suite includes: a washer, dryer, separate sink for beachwear, and a coffeemaker!
Our Golden Retriever, Aspen is very friendly. However, we do not allow dogs or other pets at Asante Sana as our home is located on a family compound.Get the full listing »