Treat yourself to a memorable stay at this upscale cabin on Pickerel Lake between Kalkaska and Grayling! With 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a wraparound deck and lake views, 'Birchwood Cove Chalet' offers 19 guests the ideal Michigan vacation. When you're not fishing, kayaking or swimming on the lake, the Manistee River or the Au Sable River, go ATVing on Sunset Trail with snowmobile trails nearby and skiing at Boyne Mountain! Find dining, entertainment and nightlife in Traverse City and Petoskey!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed | Loft: Twin Daybed with Twin Trundle | Additional Sleeping: 2 Queen Aerobed, 2 Twin Air Mattresses, 3 Children’s Twin Air Mattresses
Set on 77 feet of Pickerel Lake shoreline, 'Birchwood Cove Chalet' offers everything you need for a stay at the lake or winter snowmobiling weekend! With a public boat launch only minutes away, a private dock at the property and provided kayaks, the cabin is an angler's dream.
Floor-to-ceiling windows look out over the lake and allow plenty of natural light to fill the expansive living area. The 3,500-square-foot interior hosts 2 different seating spaces so everyone can find their own spot or relax together.
When you're not out relaxing by kayaking or swimming in the lake, the upper living area boasts a gas fireplace and a flat-screen TV with more than 180 channels of streaming, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, and Disney+ or curl up in the basement where you'll find the same! Take a book outside to unwind on the wraparound deck as the sounds of Pickerel Lake wash over you.
After a day out snowmobiling the vast network of groomed winter trails, park your snowmobile right in front of the house and head into the spacious, well-appointed mudroom to hang up your wet gear and thaw out before dinner.
The chef in your group will love the gourmet fully equipped kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances and a farmhouse sink! Dine in style at the elegant hardwood table resting in the airy great room.
Wind down with some drinks prepared in the downstairs bar area as the breeze wafts in throughout the walkout sliding glass doors. As your fun-filled day catches up with you, retire to any one of the 4 well-appointed bedrooms for a rejuvenating night's sleep.
Looking to explore the lake? During the summer, the property offers a pontoon boat rental for an additional fee.
-- THE LOCATION --
Less than 1 mile from the cabin, Pickerel Lake State Forest Campground features a boat ramp so you can easily launch your boat to enjoy the walleye, pike, largemouth bass and perch that the lake is known for! If you don't have your own boat, the property offers several kayaks and a fishing boat, so all you need is your tackle!
The Manistee River is known for its rainbow trout and salmon fishing, while in Grayling, the Au Sable River boasts some of the best trout fishing in the country! Sunset Trail - just 0.5 miles away - leads to a vast network of ATV and snowmobile trails throughout Northern Michigan.
Once you make the short 20-mile drive to Grayling, be sure to explore Hartwick Pines State Park, hike along the Mason Tract and stroll the charming downtown streets before stopping for a delicious meal at Paddle Hard Brewing. Only 40 miles away, Traverse City boasts numerous wineries, shopping and eating along Front Street, and scenic destinations such as Mission Point.
Take a day trip to Petoskey to experience the Lake Michigan shoreline at Petoskey State Park, shop the charming Historic Gaslight District, and pick up a Petoskey stone to commemorate your trip! Ski slopes, a spa, golf, dining and more await at Boyne Mountain Resort, only 34 miles from the cabin. Northern Michigan boasts a big network of groomed snowmobile trails, making this the perfect snowmobile cabin, with easy access to the trails!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a gourmet fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, free WiFi, flat-screen streaming TV with 180 channels including Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu, gas fireplace, 2 living areas, bar area, spacious mudroom with ample storage, washer and dryer, wraparound deck, walkout patio, private dock, 10 life jackets, 2 kayaks, grill, pontoon boat (for an additional per day fee), driveway parking for 12 vehicles and more
- Prime Pickerel Lake location with access to fishing, ATVing and snowmobiling throughout the area and to attractions in Grayling, Traverse City and Petoskey for the perfect year-round retreat
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Cherry Capital Airport (~37.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: This home sleeps 10 in beds but is flexible up to 16 adults and 3 children with use of the air mattresses bringing the maximum occupancy to 19
- NOTE: This home has 1 exterior security camera on the barn facing the front door. There are no cameras looking into interior spaces
- NOTE: During the summer, a pontoon boat is available for rent for an additional $150/day and must be rented for the duration of your stayGet the full listing »