Description: 77-6408 Kepano Place, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 - 3,797 sq. feet 9 (BIG):
Family estate located in the beautiful town of Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii, situated on a corner lot on coveted “Walua Trail.”
The house is very private but is very, very open with large everywhere and screens installed. Given how it was built and situated on the lot, no one can see in any of the rooms! For adults, this is nice. You can literally walk around the house (and do other things) completely naked with confidence. Weird feeling, but try it. So great and freeing. I love it.
There are no immediate houses or structures in front of the home (view of the ocean), so the views are just awesome and unobstructed. There is a small nature preserve right in front of the house (but the house is perched above all of it - no obstruction). Every morning wild horses come to the house's property line where you and the kids can feed them each and every morning some apples and carrots. They love it (I mean the horses). The kids do, too.
The home has 220 degree "registered" views of the deep blue ocean and is minutes (literally) from the center of town and all of the local beaches and attractions. The house has recently been remodeled (and is completely furnished with nice expensive furniture and not the cheap stuff from Walmart; outdoor furniture the same - glass and good stuff and not the crap at the local big box store), and is equipped with 2 full kitchens, 2 laundry rooms, a gym/yoga studio (one of the bedrooms but doubles as an extra room if the need arises, children’s play yard with real sand, swing set and custom built play house, as well as full connectivity, security and entertainment for all rooms and common areas. More flat screens than you can count, and all professionally installed (no wires).
The house boasts many, furnished balconies, all ocean facing! (one is private, off the upstairs master bedroom); they are awesome; rocking chairs all over the place. I can't tell you how great it is to rock-away for hours, maybe having a cocktail (or 4) and watching that sunset. Wow does not even give the idea justice.
The house also has a beautiful ocean-facing backyard (side-yard, actually) fully equipped for BBQ-ing (big new grill (with a massive propane tank; you will never run out of propane), commercial wok and commercial flat top, entertaining, lounging, resting and all important party-hosting! It is so beautiful in the back/side-yard when dinner is served, you sit down to a large, massive dinner party on nice, glass outdor furniture, and just breath. That sunset will take you down to your knees, and it is different every day.
The house also comes with all of the “toys” you may ever need (including new sea kayaks, surf boards, boogie boards, stand up paddle boards, skate boards, etc.
- 2 1/2-stories;
- 2 large kitchens (one upstairs and one downstairs);
- 6 bedrooms (all remodeled, and one room has been dedicated as a baby room with new classy crib, rocking chair made of clouds, baby cameras and monitors, and strong stand-alone air conditioning (a demand from the wife when she was pregnant; it also has a bunk bed in it);
- 4 and 1/2 bath (all baths have been remodeled);
- Large, dramatic spiral staircase from downstairs to upstairs;
- Sleeps 12 very comfortably - just when counting the number of rooms and assuming - 2 people per room; but there is so much space that can actually be used for fun sleeping, like with mats, tents, blankets, pillows, etc. There are plushly carpeted lofts, too, which kids love to sleep in. So apart from the 12 people that can sleep comfortably (for the adults), the house can also easily accommodate like 10 kids. I have had 18 people there (adults and their kids) and no one wanted for anything. It was a blast and people were not on top of each other).
Aloha!Get the full listing »