We offer an upscale home in a residential area with 2000+ square feet consisting of 3 bedrooms, 2 baths with an additional large meditation/ quiet room, all on a nicely landscaped 1/3 acre, a half mile from Alii drive and the ocean. Children welcome. Pets possible. At a 200 foot elevation, the house has beautiful ocean views, providing wonderful sunsets. This home is beautifully landscaped with several fountains and many lush tropical plants and fruit trees, such as coconuts, bananas, mangos, papayas, oranges, tangerines, star fruit, and liliquoi (passion fruit). The back yard hosts a private lanai, where you can enjoy the hot tub in privacy. Take your morning breakfast or evening dinner outside, watch the ocean views, the sunsets, or just sit to read or relax, listening to the fountains and birds.
It has a very light and airy feel with two wings on either side of an open living floor plan with the living, dining and kitchen areas, with Hawaiian/tropical furniture. The lanai runs most of the length of the private, garden back side of the house, providing outside access from the master BR, LR/ kitchen, and the second BR.
The left wing is the master suite, entered through private, double, french doors. The bath contains two wall mounted medicine cabinets, double vanity sinks, a full double closet with shower.
You will enjoy sleeping in a cal king Indonesian crafted canopy bed . The ample spaced walk- in closet will store your clothes, shoes, misc.
The right wing contains two other nice sized bedrooms with queen beds and tropical/Indonesian furnishings. The bath contains a Jacuzzi bath/shower combination.
Walk or drive to the famous Magic Sands Beach (< 1 mi) or 1.5 miles to Kahalu’u Beach Park (one of the best snorkelling and turtle- watching beaches),with many other beaches a short drive away. A quaint, open- air trolley will take you to downtown Kona and elsewhere for restaurants, shopping, and night-life, if you’d rather not drive. Kona is a quaint ocean side village with lots of Hawaiian character. 90 miles to the south is Volcano National Park, while Hilo is 90 miles to the East. Large resort areas (4 Seasons, Hilton, Mauna Lani, Marriot, and others) are 30 miles to the North. Beautiful beaches abound all up and down on the Kona side of the island, while waterfalls and tropical rain forest are available on the Hilo side. Don’t forget a trip to the top of Mauna Kea (14,000 feet) for truly spectacular views and surreal landscape.
Special features include:
• TILE FLOORS through out with bamboo flooring in meditation room.
• MASTER SUITE : Tropical print. Cal King Indonesian carved bed, walk in closet. Double sliding doors to lanai. Master bath with double sinks, shower, double vanity.
• LIVING AREAS: Open and airy floor plan with entryway, living room, kitchen and office area.
High vaulted ceilings, large windows and double sliding doors to lanai.
• KITCHEN: Stainless appliances, granite counters, two microwaves, pantry, fully equipped kitchen, eat- in table area and bar area with stools.
• GUEST BED ROOMS: Full double mirror sliding door closets, shared bathroom with soaking, jetted tub/shower, one with double sliding doors to pergola patio area.
• SEPARATE LAUNDRY ROOM: Full size washer and dryer, utility sink, counter space.
• LANAI/OUTSIDE AREAS: Lovely sitting area as well as dining area, bar sink, two separate water features, grassy lawn area, terraced back area with varied palms, fruit trees, including (in season): pineapples, coconuts, bananas, papayas, mangoes, lilikoi, star fruit, oranges, tangerines, palm trees, flowering bushes with plumeria, hybiscus, bird of paradise, bougainvillea, etc.
• HOME EXTRAS: Large and serene meditation room. Solar electric and hot water.
• UTILITIES and SERVICES INCLUDED: Electric, Stable Wifi, Cable TV, Trash removal, water, gardener twice per month and one house cleaning per month.
• GUIDELINES: No smoking, children welcome, pets possible.
• ADDITIONAL CHARGES: Exit cleaning fee, Hawaii state tax, security deposit.Get the full listing »